Interview with our British D Line coach

Reaction score
Great interview with our D line coach Aden Durde. One of the main things I love about our team at the moment is there are so many great stories in our team of people in the organisation coming from nowhere and facing big obstacles or adversity to make it to the top in what must be one of the most cut throat industries on the planet and this guy is up there with them.
Understandably there questions on who this guy was but he has done a Stella job turning the D line from a joke into an absolute wrecking unit that can dominate on a regular basis.
Some questioned how could we be hiring a guy who who didn’t grow up in football but I suppose the other way to look at it is how good a coach must somebody be have to make it from north London to the biggest NFL franchise on the planet over 2000 miles away.
From the interview he comes across as very humble and his love of the game really shines through.
Either way I’m very very happy he made it and I’m hoping him and his mentor DQ will be here for a long time building on the success they have installed in the organisation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great interview with our D line coach Aden Durde. One of the main things I love about our team at the moment is there are so many great stories in our team of people in the organisation coming from nowhere and facing big obstacles or adversity to make it to the top in what must be one of the most cut throat industries on the planet and this guy is up there with them.
Understandably there questions on who this guy was but he has done a Stella job turning the D line from a joke into an absolute wrecking unit that can dominate on a regular basis.
Some questioned how could we be hiring a guy who who didn’t grow up in football but I suppose the other way to look at it is how good a coach must somebody be have to make it from north London to the biggest NFL franchise on the planet over 2000 miles away.
From the interview he comes across as very humble and his love of the game really shines through.
Either way I’m very very happy he made it and I’m hoping him and his mentor DQ will be here for a long time building on the success they have installed in the organisation.

Durde has done a great job these last few years. If Quinn does get a HC job, I can see Durde become our DC

plymkr

Reaction score
He is British! I didn’t know that. Cool. I like him more now than ever. He is doing a great job with our defensive line.

Motorola

Reaction score
An insightful interview.
What if the Cowboys make that deep playoff run with success...Durde could return to London in a game next season as a coach with the NFL Champions.
What a homecoming that would be!

Praxit

Reaction score
Al Harris should be considered. I hope Quinn stays but no doubt he will get calls before season is over
DQ was head coach for about 6 years in Atlanta. I think if he wanted another head coaching job, he would have taken one by now

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
DQ was head coach for about 6 years in Atlanta. I think if he wanted another head coaching job, he would have taken one by now
True….maybe he doesn’t like the head coach role, maybe he REALLY enjoys calling D and not all the extra stuff with being a HC. I could see that.

Praxit

Reaction score
True….maybe he doesn’t like the head coach role, maybe he REALLY enjoys calling D and not all the extra stuff with being a HC. I could see that.
..MM admits it's stressful job. You can see it on his face.

cowboyed

Reaction score
He is British! I didn’t know that. Cool. I like him more now than ever. He is doing a great job with our defensive line.
He rewards the defensive line with:
  • Haggis, Neeps and Ta-Tas err I mean Tatties eats!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope so but I think he would consider the right offer. One that gives him a major say in player brought in.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Didn't we have a DL a few years back that was British? In fact he was so British he was classmates with the Harry Potter actor? Could have googled it, didn't feel like it.