Inversion Board question

Mannix

Reaction score
Having lingering lower back pain....2+ months...and my doctor actually gave me a thumbs up to using one. Anybody have a make and model that they can recommend? Bought I real nice one years ago, and all of the material disintegrated in our beastly hot attic....do not want to spend a fortune on one, and it needs to be one that can easily be moved around and does not take up tons of space...thx!

Creeper

Reaction score
Having lingering lower back pain....2+ months...and my doctor actually gave me a thumbs up to using one. Anybody have a make and model that they can recommend? Bought I real nice one years ago, and all of the material disintegrated in our beastly hot attic....do not want to spend a fortune on one, and it needs to be one that can easily be moved around and does not take up tons of space...thx!
I am curious, do these work?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am curious, do these work?
They do when used enough and properly. The decompression of the spine feels great when you're on it but you need to work up to being totally inverted where the better and longer relief can come.

I liked mine a lot but when I began to live alone, had to give it up. Doing one of those solo is asking for real trouble.

rags747

Reaction score
They do when used enough and properly. The decompression of the spine feels great when you're on it but you need to work up to being totally inverted where the better and longer relief can come.

I liked mine a lot but when I began to live alone, had to give it up. Doing one of those solo is asking for real trouble.
Why? Too much blood in the head below your shoulders?

rags747

Reaction score
If you have Titanium Rods attached to your spine due to Scoliosis then the answer would be Do Not Use!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a temporary relief. I've known a couple people that loved it for awhile. Then the device disappeared and they went back to meds and ice.

Hardline

Reaction score
latest

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Why? Too much blood in the head below your shoulders?
Once you hit a certain level of incline there's a tipping point where being able to easily reverse back into the upright position gets quite a bit harder. I imagine people have been stuck before but don't know. For the first two full inversions, I would probably find a way to grab onto something for assistance so you don't get stuck.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Take large quantities of Taurine supplements like 3000-5000 mg (3-5grams)

Changed my life after trying everything else

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The first time I ever tried one I needed help to get the damn thing back upright.

Reminds me a scene set in the book The Onion Field when the old timer detective with flat feet and bad back got himself stuck.

FWIW, I've found that hanging from a chin up bar works pretty well for stretching those lower back muscles and decompressing the spine.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This saved me when a congenital back condition struck in my high school days. Doctors, chiropractors, nothing else worked.

Only then it was gravity boots hanging from a chinup bar. I don't think the tables even existed then.

I now have a table also, and I can't imagine these "dangers" some are talking about. You can adjust the balance point so it's very easy to swing yourself back upright.

I would just get one off Craigslist or Facebook marketplace or a garage sale. People are always selling them barely used for practically nothing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
In what way?
For me it got rid of the swelling in the arthritis in my lower back and my bad ankle relieving the pain in both by a large amount ...... I tell people I feel like I did 13 years ago again.

Been this way for about 3 months now ...... I will say it did not work as well for my secretaries hip pain but she is not taking as much as me and she is also 67 years old, so she is considerably older than me

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This saved me when a congenital back condition struck in my high school days. Doctors, chiropractors, nothing else worked.

Only then it was gravity boots hanging from a chinup bar. I don't think the tables even existed then.

I now have a table also, and I can't imagine these "dangers" some are talking about. You can adjust the balance point so it's very easy to swing yourself back upright.

I would just get one off Craigslist or Facebook marketplace or a garage sale. People are always selling them barely used for practically nothing.
The balance point is key. As long as you have it adjusted to the right height for you, it shouldn't take much effort to get upright.

Mannix

Reaction score
I got a mint condition Teeter on next door yesterday for $75....looks brand new. I have it set on about a 55 degree incline and it is hard to get it upright without lifting your head....which is bad on the neck and back. Q: I have mine set at 6'0 which is my height....but I have short legs, and all my height is in the torso....could this be why I'm having trouble getting it upright? I'm only 163 lbs and have a medium build....not overweight.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got a mint condition Teeter on next door yesterday for $75....looks brand new. I have it set on about a 55 degree incline and it is hard to get it upright without lifting your head....which is bad on the neck and back. Q: I have mine set at 6'0 which is my height....but I have short legs, and all my height is in the torso....could this be why I'm having trouble getting it upright? I'm only 163 lbs and have a medium build....not overweight.
If you're legs are short, that would make you more bottom heavy, so it should actually make it harder to drop your upper half, and easier to get back up.

Try setting the board for 6'2" and see if it's better.