IPOD/ITUNES Help

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hey Apple lovers, what's happening? Question about my IPOD and ITUNES:

I have a laptop and PC, both with ITUNES on it, and an IPOD. However, they don't match up right now, because, unfortunately, I have just now gotten my laptop back from Dell.

My PC has a lot of songs that my laptop doesn't have, and I would like to reconcile thw two playlists. Is there anyway to transfer songs from the Ipod onto ITUNES, or am I stuck burning CDs and transferring it that way (which is SOOO 2003). It would save me a lot of time...

Also - I have an album I downloaded from ITUNES, but can't transfer to my IPOD. Are there certain songs/albums that have such exclusive rights it won't allow me to replicate onto my IPOD? If so - that's ghey - I never would have bought the album if I had known that.

Finally - for those techies who always lurk support forums to say "man - what are you doing using a PC/Ipod/blahblahblah - those suck...." Save it. I am very happy with my IPod and Dell Laptop and HP PC. Don't waste my time or Reality's bandwidth with your hogwash.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Hey Apple lovers, what's happening? Question about my IPOD and ITUNES:

I have a laptop and PC, both with ITUNES on it, and an IPOD. However, they don't match up right now, because, unfortunately, I have just now gotten my laptop back from Dell.

My PC has a lot of songs that my laptop doesn't have, and I would like to reconcile thw two playlists. Is there anyway to transfer songs from the Ipod onto ITUNES, or am I stuck burning CDs and transferring it that way (which is SOOO 2003). It would save me a lot of time...

Also - I have an album I downloaded from ITUNES, but can't transfer to my IPOD. Are there certain songs/albums that have such exclusive rights it won't allow me to replicate onto my IPOD? If so - that's ghey - I never would have bought the album if I had known that.

Finally - for those techies who always lurk support forums to say "man - what are you doing using a PC/Ipod/blahblahblah - those suck...." Save it. I am very happy with my IPod and Dell Laptop and HP PC. Don't waste my time or Reality's bandwidth with your hogwash.

just export your ipod's playlist to the laptop.

the pull down option would actually be to use the import option with the ipod connected as a drive to the laptop.

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Hey Apple lovers, what's happening?

Apple lover here... [ducks and runs for cover from the Windows crowd]

I don't know why your album won't transfer to the iPod (maybe the specific error message you were getting would help us figure that out). The iPod should be the one place you can for sure use it, copyright protection or no. One way to end-around the copy protection (sshhh...) is to burn the tunes onto a CD (which converts them to standard .aiff files), then re-rip into iTunes. Presto! Non-copy-protected tunes.

It's a pain (like most of these end-around things are), but it can solve a few problems caused by the tech while they work all this protection stuff out. I do think it was good of Apple, though, to leave a way out of the protection scheme—they didn't make it convenient (to satisfy the RIAA folks), but they did make it possible.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dcdallaschick said:
Apple lover here... [ducks and runs for cover from the Windows crowd]

I don't know why your album won't transfer to the iPod (maybe the specific error message you were getting would help us figure that out). The iPod should be the one place you can for sure use it, copyright protection or no. One way to end-around the copy protection (sshhh...) is to burn the tunes onto a CD (which converts them to standard .aiff files), then re-rip into iTunes. Presto! Non-copy-protected tunes.

It's a pain (like most of these end-around things are), but it can solve a few problems caused by the tech while they work all this protection stuff out. I do think it was good of Apple, though, to leave a way out of the protection scheme—they didn't make it convenient (to satisfy the RIAA folks), but they did make it possible.

I actually figured it out...it was really simple (and stupid) for me to overlook, but I didn't have the laptop logged in with administrative access on my account.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I don't know about playlists but I transfer songs from my Ipod all the time, just turn your folder options to show hidden files and folders and their available, then when you plug in your Ipod look for the drive letter assigned to it (Most likely E: or F:). If you're looking for one song you can do a search (Make sure to look in hidden files and folders as well).

Note - I've never used this method to move songs INTO the Ipod so I'm not sure how this would work, or if it would.