Irvin was hated way more than TO could ever be(not a TO threAD)

1Ware1

Reaction score
wHO ELSE HAD 70,000 PEOPLE CHEERING WHEN THEY WERE INJURED ON THE FEILD?I know it sounds funny though because we loved him here and hated when he retired.But the cold honest fact is,and you can ask any fan
in the NFL and they will tell you that they hated IRVIN the most.But ,then again didn't Dallas always have a showboat wide receiver when they were great? Hollywood Henderson ring a bell besides IRVIN?It's been past down from the 70's,80's,and yes the 90's too.I would imagine you could also count Keyshawn in that mix.
I have been a long time fan and will remain that way,but if you look at it,You either love the cowboys or you hate them.They always had a receiver that was the sole of the team.
I guess when your good and on top,teams find something to dislike about you.The showmanship of our wide receiver corps has been"hotdogs"for sometime now fellows.
I will continue to ride the cowboys team,for the simple fact I can't see me routing for anybody else.Let's win now fellows and restore the dynasty that once was.

wxcpo

Reaction score
The Cowboys are definitely one of those teams you either love or love to hate, there is no inbetween with our team. However, I would disagree that this team has always had a showboat WR. Hollywood Henderson, even though he was a showboat, was not a WR. I would say that other than Irvin we have only had two other great WRs (Hayes and Pearson) and I would call neither of them showboats.

IMO that's what made the teams of the 60, 70's and early 80's so great. They got the job done on the field and didn't have to showboat. I loved Irvin though and his style.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
wHO ELSE HAD 70,000 PEOPLE CHEERING WHEN THEY WERE INJURED ON THE FEILD?I know it sounds funny though because we loved him here and hated when he retired.But the cold honest fact is,and you can ask any fan
in the NFL and they will tell you that they hated IRVIN the most.But ,then again didn't Dallas always have a showboat wide receiver when they were great? Hollywood Henderson ring a bell besides IRVIN?It's been past down from the 70's,80's,and yes the 90's too.I would imagine you could also count Keyshawn in that mix.
I have been a long time fan and will remain that way,but if you look at it,You either love the cowboys or you hate them.They always had a receiver that was the sole of the team.
I guess when your good and on top,teams find something to dislike about you.The showmanship of our wide receiver corps has been"hotdogs"for sometime now fellows.
I will continue to ride the cowboys team,for the simple fact I can't see me routing for anybody else.Let's win now fellows and restore the dynasty that once was.

Hollywood wasnt a WR.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
wxcpo said:
The Cowboys are definitely one of those teams you either love or love to hate, there is no inbetween with our team. However, I would disagree that this team has always had a showboat WR. Hollywood Henderson, even though he was a showboat, was not a WR. I would say that other than Irvin we have only had two other great WRs (Hayes and Pearson) and I would call neither of them showboats.

IMO that's what made the teams of the 60, 70's and early 80's so great. They got the job done on the field and didn't have to showboat. I loved Irvin though and his style.

Alot of that was Tom Landry. But we did have always had characters on our team. Butch J, H. Henderson, M.Irving, D. Sanders, and all these players is what gave dallas that "swagger" we are so famous for. We haven't had that or a truely dynamic player since Irvin Retired,, no coiendence that we haven't won a playoff game in that time either. Well i think it is easy to say that we have that type of bold personaility on this team now.. guess we will see if the swagger returns.

1Ware1

Reaction score
I was thinking of maybe Butch Johnson then?Lol,no disrespect,I was like 6 when he played.I forgot he was a linebacker,before my time.Thats when people around here were Steel Curtain fans,

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
I was thinking of maybe Butch Johnson then?Lol,no disrespect,I was like 6 when he played.I forgot he was a linebacker,before my time.Thats when people around here were Steel Curtain fans,

No disrespect you say huh. Then go on to remind us there were people the age of six when Hollywood played.:laugh2:

Pops you must be real old.:D

Hailmary

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
Alot of that was Tom Landry. But we did have always had characters on our team. Butch J, H. Henderson, M.Irving, D. Sanders, and all these players is what gave dallas that "swagger" we are so famous for. We haven't had that or a truely dynamic player since Irvin Retired,, no coiendence that we haven't won a playoff game in that time either. Well i think it is easy to say that we have that type of bold personaility on this team now.. guess we will see if the swagger returns.

I miss the swagger too. One of my favorites was a role player, Kenneth Gant and the dance he did after each ST tackle.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I miss the swagger too. One of my favorites was a role player, Kenneth Gant and the dance he did after each ST tackle.

I actually listed K. Gant in my orginal post but erased it in fear of having ,, who? post 100 times lol.. he was one of my favorites with his "shark"

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
in the NFL and they will tell you that they hated IRVIN the most.

You wait until T.O. steps on the field at The Linc for the first time as a Cowboy, and you'll see who is hated the most.

Jay

Reaction score
If TO gets hurt @Philly, that whole place will be going absolutely bonkers. So.. I completely disagree with your statement.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Jay said:
If TO gets hurt @Philly, that whole place will be going absolutely bonkers. So.. I completely disagree with your statement.

Ditto... they'd love to see him go down in Philly now. And it's not just a Cowboy thing here... If TO were on another team it'd be the same way.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Hailmary said:

Gant would start doing his shark thing before the kickoff, then he would go down and make the tackle.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Gant would start doing his shark thing before the kickoff, then he would go down and make the tackle.

He did it before and after, if I remember correctly. But that was a long time ago, I could be mistaken.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

How many Cowboy fans, hell how many NFL fans were jumping for joy when Roy destroyed TO's ankle?

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am sorry but I played ball in HS and I never ever jump for joy when some is hurt, it pissed me off when everyone cheered at Vet Stadium when Michael went down, when TO went done I didn't cheer since I knew that I was better than the philly fans.