Is 5pm the deadline today?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The deadline to be under the cap,, so all FA should be released by 5 tonight if that is correct right? So the real speculation can really start then?

Woods

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I think FA starts 12:01 am EST.

I wonder why they start it as such a strange time?

Not that I'm complaining, at least it's here!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I think FA starts 12:01 am EST.

It does, but i think teams have til 5 to get under the cap of 102. All restructures have to be done by 2 i think.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Woods said:
I wonder why they start it as such a strange time?

Not that I'm complaining, at least it's here!

It's the first minute of the day FA can begin. That's why they put it in there.

rojan

Reaction score
Is there going to be acouple of players released in the next 10 minutes? Isnt that the deadline to be under the cap?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rojan said:
Is there going to be acouple of players released in the next 10 minutes? Isnt that the deadline to be under the cap?

I dont think we're going to see a huge parade of guys released at the deadline...I think with the extra cap room and the extra yr added for prorating (5 now instead of 4) that you'll see alot of guys restructure to stay

just my opinion...there will be some guys cut but not near as many had there been no deal

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I bet TO does not get cut today.

Don't expect much accept the teams over to have to do some cutting and thats only 4 to 5 teams.

rojan

Reaction score
By the way, is anyone even over the cap now that the CBA is extended?? If there is allways going to be 7-10 million added to the cap every year than will the Ratskins ever be in cap hell??

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Teams have until 3 o'clock central to renegotiate contracts, and until 5 o'clock central to be under the cap. So the deadline to renegotiate has just passed and there are two hours for them to get under the cap.

Free agency starts at 11:01 pm central.