Is any player currently franchise tag worthy?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there a player currently on this team who's is preparing to be a free agent, that we may have an option to tag? Not that i'm hoping or feel there's one who should, just seeing what your thoughts are!!

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Short answer is NO. But the Cowboys have so many needs to fill this off season they may have to resort to the tag on someone in hopes of making a playoff run with the current crop of talent.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Short answer is NO. But the Cowboys have so many needs to fill this off season they may have to resort to the tag on someone in hopes of making a playoff run with the current crop of talent.
any one you can think of, I can't honestly

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Well I hope they can avoid it. But they have so many needs. Too much to fill in one draft. And our management is timid about trades and signing FA. So they might go the tag route on someone. But like you I see no one really worthy of a tag.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely not. No players at all.
However my fear is they may tag Pollard again. Because it is the type of stupid things they do.

As they are too lazy to go look for a better RB in the draft and cheaper. As they want to use those picks taking risks on injured players, or what they claim, a player was playing out of position, we feel he can do better at this position.

They think they are out smarting everyone, when the really out dumb themselves a good part of the time.

The silver lining for now, they don't have the cap room to tag Pollard for over $10 million.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You guys crying about the offensive line not being able to block, so what was Pollard supposed to do? Can he get the "everybody was hurt or the worst offensive line in the NFL excuse?"

John813

Reaction score
No.
Lamb has his 5th year option.

Guys like Tyron Smith, Gilmore and Biadasz may be brought back, but at a certain price point, way below the tag, especially for 2024 cap hit.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Is there a player currently on this team who's is preparing to be a free agent, that we may have an option to tag? Not that i'm hoping or feel there's one who should, just seeing what your thoughts are!!
No.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Sadly-the-or-thankfully,No.
The-large-egg-laid-in-the-playoffs-force-us-to-admit-that-we-wouldn't-miss-anyone-who-didn't-get-back-to-the-team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We don’t have the cap.