Is anyone else running out of gas(fuel that is)???

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right after that first initial price hike there were some stations in my area (WV) that ran short of fuel...but that only lasted a couple of days and since then there has not been any shortages.

Now the price has even come down to as far as $2.69-2.79 in my area compared to over $3 at the time.

However with the new storm approaching, people in texas probably are running short as many are trying to get out of the area, and with the storm possibly hitting the refinery area in Texas I would be shocked to see the prices take another big hike.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Right after that first initial price hike there were some stations in my area (WV) that ran short of fuel...but that only lasted a couple of days and since then there has not been any shortages.

Now the price has even come down to as far as $2.69-2.79 in my area compared to over $3 at the time.

However with the new storm approaching, people in texas probably are running short as many are trying to get out of the area, and with the storm possibly hitting the refinery area in Texas I would be shocked to see the prices take another big hike.

9 out of 10 friends of BP confirm. He has yet to run out of gas.

Fuel for the masses

fuel.gif

:lmao2:

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
I am in San Angelo (west Texas)... after Katrina we were at about $2.99... went down to $2.54. Now we are back up to $2.69 and some of our stores are running out of fuel. They are not expected to get anymore until after Rita is gone...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas said:
9 out of 10 friends of BP confirm. He has yet to run out of gas.

Fuel for the masses

fuel.gif

:lmao2:

:lmao: :lmao2:

Funny thing is I refuse to eat beans on their own now.

I will eat them in chili or something like that but if the wife makes a pot of beans...she makes me something else haha.

Getting too old for anything that I KNOW will put extra fuel on the fire..

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Concerning Fuel Prices...the other day I posted I got mine at $2.69 a gallon.

We have work that goes to the state on a daily basis so we have a girl here who drives up there everyday to drop off and pick up work...

She just told me a few minutes ago to fuel up this evening because price has already jumped to $4-5 gallons in some parts of Charleston,WV (about 45 minutes from me).

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I'm in Frisco, work in Addison - the local gas stations around here are empty and they don't know when they're expecting any more. Frisco was empty last night but a local Kroger had fuel at 3:30 in the morning (Believe that? We had to set the alarm for 3:15am just to make sure we can get gas before they run out). I'm not sure how they're doing now but when I was going to work almost every station had long lines.

Really scary situation, I was too young to remember the OPEC embargo, but now I have an idea what they were going through.

twa

Reaction score
They are running out from houston to Lufkin,my brother-in-law abandonded one car in livingston. I hear up towards dallas is out too.

No idea on gas here...everthing is closed and most people long gone.

Let me rephrase that...we have millions of gallons and I hope it stays in the tanks till we ship it out. ;)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Here in the Charlotte area, when the spike was happening, fuel was at $3.49 per gallon. It has been as low as $2.69 lately but today I noticed all stations jumped .10-.20 cents over the past two days, even thought AAA stated today that the national average was at $2.688.

I still think that it is price gauging.

yesfan

Reaction score
Here in florida it went down to 2.72,now at 2.90. I would like
to know; how the hell it got to these prices, well before any of these
storms.I have been planning to buy a mercedes diesel for 2 years,i will
have this car, 320 cdi after the holidays.It's also biodiesel,you can run
it on veg. oil.