Is emmitt serious??

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Before the monday night football game started , smith was asked whos the best team between the packers and the cowboys...Emmitt didn't say it was the packers or the boyz , but he was leaning more towards the packers.. I mean is he for real??? In all honesty i don't see how anybody can pick the packers over the cowboys really.. we have the better WR's, better RB's, Better OL, and DL, and LB.. the only thing i see they have better then us is maybe at the LB spot..Hopefully both teams can get at 10-1 when we both play each other in week 12 to seetle the debate...

GO COWBOYS

sago1

Reaction score
Favre is the flavor of the month and the Packers are playing pretty good football. While I was watching the early part of the game it was essentially similar offense to what we showed the Vikes on first drive of that game. He throws short passes and lets his WRs pick up the extra yardage. Occasionally he'll throw a longer way and even as the game moves along will go deep. Then the throw in a run by Grant for 16 yards and a little later he'll get the ball and pick up 30 yards for the TD. The way they distroyed the Vikes defense was impressive.

Considering we barely beat the Vikes their play was impressive unless we all remember that Romo got hurt late in the 2nd quarter and physically was able to do much in the pocket since his movement limited.

I don't know quality of the teams they've faced but certainly nothing like ours. They supposedly have a good defense and shouting down any NFL team is pretty good. This will really be an interesting game, but one we can win. Vikes don't have a QB and I wasn't that impressed with Cutler when Paks beat them. Also think Pats beat Giants early on & even SD but they nothing special either. Lost to the Bears because Favre made a dumb mistake.

We can't take them for granted cause he has lots of WRs etc to throw to but nothing like TO nor Witten. They've also never faced a QB like Romo unless they consider playing Favre in practice as facing Romo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Antonio Pierce still think the G-Men are better than our Cowboys. Go figure.

There are some things that you just can't explain. It will be settles on the field soon enough.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Even Troy is picking the Cowboys. Emmitt is trying (too hard) not to be a homer.

dndvalles

Reaction score
It sounded to me like Emmitt said he was "concerned" with the Packers...but picked Dallas

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
He can't win, from fat meat and grease to the Packers, Emmitt's constantly going to get ragged on.:laugh2:

Everything this guy says is scrutinized ad nauseum. Everything that comes out of his mouth gets a quirky look from Young.

If he picks the Cowboys, he's a homer, if he doesn't, he's stupid or some other such insult.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
From what I have heard from Emmitt he has been very pro Cowboys. As far as the job he is doing I think he is getting better as he get more comfortable in this job.

DC_Addict

Reaction score
dndvalles;1763259 said:
It sounded to me like Emmitt said he was "concerned" with the Packers...but picked Dallas

Yes thats what I took from that. He never picked Green Bay but Steve Young was trying to make him say it. Steve earlier was talking about the top QB's right now mentioning Brady, Favre and Manning and Emmitt interrupted and said "gotta add Romo" to that list and Young said "well, yeah".

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DC_Addict;1763298 said:
Yes thats what I took from that. He never picked Green Bay but Steve Young was trying to make him say it. Steve earlier was talking about the top QB's right now mentioning Brady, Favre and Manning and Emmitt interrupted and said "gotta add Romo" to that list and Young said "well, yeah".

Pretty much. I kinda think Emmitt yelling at Steve Young " I am not taking the Packers!!" two or three times was a bit of a giveaway.