Is home field really an advantage for these Cowboys?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't get me wrong. I want us to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but the Cowboys play worse at home than they do on the road.

I know how cold it is in Green Bay and all that, but this team plays like crap at home. All 3 division games at home were too close for comfort (and they lost this one). They played crappy against Minnesota and should've blown out Green Bay, but let them hang around. Against New England, they had penalties up the wazoo. The only easy home games were against cellar dwellers St Louis and the Jets.

We're 6-2 at home and 6-0 on the road. If we beat Carolina and Washington, I will be convinced that playing away is an advantage for this team. That being said, I hope we get HFA and find a way to win 'em both.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. There's a lot of talk about home-field advantage, but I really don't think it's a huge factor for this team.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I say it wouldn't be a huge deal if not for:

1) the alternative being @ Green Bay. GB in January can be brutal.
2) if we lose homefield it means losing 2 of our last 3, which means another late season collapse which means we probably won't go far in the playoffs anyways.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
The only homefield advantage we have is that our weather is better.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Bach;1838410 said:
I say it wouldn't be a huge deal if not for:

1) the alternative being @ Green Bay. GB in January can be brutal.
2) if we lose homefield it means losing 2 of our last 3, which means another late season collapse which means we probably won't go far in the playoffs anyways.

:hammer: Excellent points. This team plays better on the road, but I doubt they would in January in Lambeau and if they collapse in December it won't matter where or who they are playing- they'll be toast. I hope we slaughter the Panthers and the Skins just to get the confidence back.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
There is no doubt that this team is more focused when it plays on the road. Of all the streaks we had going, only the regular season road win streak is still alive--nine straight and counting. Win the last 2 games and we set a new team record.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Faerluna;1838430 said:
The only homefield advantage we have is that our weather is better.
Yep. It's basically a neutral field especially if these Packer fans travel to Texas Stadium like they did the last time we played them.

cowboyz

Reaction score
dangerdoom;1838447 said:
Yep. It's basically a neutral field especially if these Packer fans travel to Texas Stadium like they did the last time we played them.
yeah but in the playoffs do fans really sell their tickets?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
cowboyz;1838487 said:
yeah but in the playoffs do fans really sell their tickets?
With our fans? I could see it happening.

(with "our fans" I mean the ones who sit and watch the game like it's the ballet.)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kingwhicker;1838437 said:
:hammer: Excellent points. This team plays better on the road, but I doubt they would in January in Lambeau and if they collapse in December it won't matter where or who they are playing- they'll be toast. I hope we slaughter the Panthers and the Skins just to get the confidence back.
The only problem is that we now have to play our starters because these last two games are really, really important. And we are getting injuries at the worst time. I hope none of today's injuries turn out to be serious.