Is It Finally Our Turn To Thrive Off The Underdog/No Respect Label This Week?

jcblanco22

Reaction score
For a while now we've heard and seen what happens with teams working themselves up in a lather over perceived lack of respect from us and the media/ the point spread. Is this the week it's finally our turn to vibe off of that?

9.5 point underdogs, a laundry list of key injuries, and the trash-talking Giants on the menu. I think they need to spouting off about how everyone thinks we have no chance starting in tomorrow's media session.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nah. Leave that for the wussies. The Gint's fit that bill just right.

I like the Talk softly and carry a big stick, gig.

Parabellum.............

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's hard to thrive on the underdog role when you know you are the weaker team and the big dog....injuries....it would be one thing if we had everyone and were the dog because of the media or our own play...then you can play with a chip on your shoulder.

When most of your key starters are missing on both sides of the ball, you are an underdog just fighting to survive.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I hope not. I hate that high schoolish, faux motivation crap.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't think the underdog role can do anything but help us. For one, we have nothing to lose. We're expected to take a beating. All the pressure is on the Giants. If the game is even close early on, their fans may get restless and the players might start to doubt themselves a little.

And at least this way they can't say how the media hates them, are "disrespecting" them, etc. They seem to have made a living off that for the playoff game last year. They may not know what to do with themselves now that they don't have that to fire them up. :cool:

Or I guess Coughlin could fabricate something from thin air like he did last year. :rolleyes:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't it be a coup to go in there and shock the world after all the trash talking they've done even before the Super Bowl? Like I said in another thread, there's nothing to lose, but the game itself. If we beat them in their house without Romo, F Jones, Newman, Pacman, maybe Henry and maybe Witten, it might give us a psychological edge going forward. We beat them twice last year and would've beaten them 3 times if not for our own mistakes. The next matchup will be in Dallas with hopefully a healthy Cowboys team. They would wonder if they can beat us in light of recent events. I say our defense should go all out. The O-Line should go "balls out" as you guys like to say. Keep Brad upright so he can dink and dunk us all the way to an upset.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2380683 said:
Wouldn't it be a coup to go in there and shock the world after all the trash talking they've done even before the Super Bowl? Like I said in another thread, there's nothing to lose, but the game itself. If we beat them in their house without Romo, F Jones, Newman, Pacman, maybe Henry and maybe Witten, it might give us a psychological edge going forward. We beat them twice last year and would've beaten them 3 times if not for our own mistakes. The next matchup will be in Dallas with hopefully a healthy Cowboys team. They would wonder if they can beat us in light of recent events. I say our defense should go all out. The O-Line should go "balls out" as you guys like to say. Keep Brad upright so he can dink and dunk us all the way to an upset.

Don't forget without Kosier, Spencer, and Roy Williams the safety as well.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2380670 said:
I don't think the underdog role can do anything but help us. For one, we have nothing to lose. We're expected to take a beating. All the pressure is on the Giants. If the game is even close early on, their fans may get restless and the players might start to doubt themselves a little.

And at least this way they can't say how the media hates them, are "disrespecting" them, etc. They seem to have made a living off that for the playoff game last year. They may not know what to do with themselves now that they don't have that to fire them up. :cool:

Or I guess Coughlin could fabricate something from thin air like he did last year. :rolleyes:

Exactly my point, especially the part of your post that I bolded. I already saw a DMN Blog entry regarding Justin Tuck "wishing" we were at full strength, etc. I think he wishes that in part because he knows there's no way they can fabricate a "no respect" angle this week on their end.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Point spreads do not matter. Injuries are a part of the game, not the exception. Trash talking will also remain a part of the game because idiots run their mouths when there isn't any good reason for it.

The only motivation that multimillionaire players and their well paid backups should remember is to play each game like it's their last; and to leave zero doubt that each one of them have done their individual jobs to the very best of their ability.

Each game boils down to which team wants the win more because every game isn't decided by who has the best wide receiver or best quarterback or best cornerback. That's just the basic nature of football, which is line up and kick the other folks' *****. From the team's perspective, point spreads, injuries and running off at the mouth are all just lame excuses.