Is it just me, or are there too many commercials in football?

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
or commercial breaks the show and football is on the side.........all kidding aside, is it just me or do they add more commercial time each year and what will it look like in 5 years

Doomsday101

Reaction score
or commercial breaks the show and football is on the side.........all kidding aside, is it just me or do they add more commercial time each year and what will it look like in 5 years

It helps pay the players as player price tag keep rising.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kickoff with no return, so it's literally seconds before you're back to commercials

Oh and these DraftKing FanDuel every 2 sec is gonna drive me crazy lol

Yes...many alive the Draftking and fanduel commercials have taken over this year

DFWJC

Reaction score
The main problem in football has always been how much down time there is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The National Football League remains the hottest ticket in town for TV advertisers, as inventory in the sport's coast-to-coast broadcast packages is once again out-pricing just about everything else on the tube.
According to media buyers who regularly steer clients to NFL broadcasts, the priciest slice of prime-time real estate is once again a 30-second spot in NBC's "Sunday Night Football." Marketers looking to hitch their wagon to NBC's weekly juggernaut are paying on the order of $665,375 per unit, with late scatter buys from the likes of movie studios and telco brands pacing well over the $700,000 mark.
Last year, the average cost for a 30-second commercial in "Sunday Night Football" was a little over $625,000.
While the sums commanded by NBC at first blush may seem extravagant -- for what it's worth, the cost per :30 is almost exactly 13 times the U.S. median household income -- it's not as if advertisers are throwing their money down a rat hole. Per Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, "Sunday Night Football" in 2014 was the most-watched, top-rated program in prime time, averaging 21.3 million viewers and a 12.4 household rating.

http://adage.com/article/media/nfl-staggering-ad-prices-2015-16-season/300376/

csirl

Reaction score
In Europe NFL games don't have as many commercial breaks - around half the number you have. They go to studio analysts when the American networks are on adverts.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Been getting worse and worse the last several years. I DVR the games I want to watch and then start watching an hour after kickoff so I can FF through the commercials.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I used to watch 2-3 of the sunday games and just can't and don't won't to anymore. Commericals are a part of that reason.

T-RO

Reaction score
Been getting worse and worse the last several years. I DVR the games I want to watch and then start watching an hour after kickoff so I can FF through the commercials.

That's the best approach. I'm going to start doing that as well. Being slightly off real time isn't going to make any difference to my life.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There is definitely a pattern. They run a ton of commercials in the 1st and 3rd quarters until they hit their quotas.

After that it is still bad but not quite as noticeable. The ones I hate are when a player limps off the field and they still go to break or when they want to challenge and go to commercial before replaying it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just you. The rest of us love the commercials and get annoyed when the game comes back on.