Is it just me, or...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Is this the MOST UNGRATEFUL fan base there is in the the NFL?

What's amazing is that after WINS, everyone here acts like the sky is falling. I mean I couldn't even make posts on here last night b/c of the "server busy"(due to all these by-the-second the sky is falling posts).

If you want to have coaches fired every single year, then fine...b/c even if we get Tom Landry back from the grave, you guys will still be equally bitter.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
No you are right.

The Cowboys are perfect hell yea superbowl here we come!!!!!!! DOOMSDAY DEFENSE IS BACK!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263430 said:

What's amazing is that after WINS, everyone here acts like the sky is falling. I mean I couldn't even make posts on here last night b/c of the "server busy"(due to all these by-the-second the sky is falling posts).

If you want to have coaches fired every single year, then fine...b/c even if we get Tom Landry back from the grave, you guys will still be equally bitter.

It'll calm down as the year goes on. The Cowboys fans just expect more. We all get heated, I believe, from time to time. It'll even itself out as the year goes on but you're always going to have 1 or 2 people who are always worried about the sky falling. I imagine things would have been the same, on these forums, if they'd been around in 92 and 93 when we had some close calls, or lost some games we shouldnt have.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Our expectations are just really high.

But yeah, maybe we can cool it sometimes w/ the sky is falling threads.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263430 said:

I'd like you to point me to any sports based forum that is any different, in that regards, than this one. If anything, this forum has too many people that complain about people that are complaining.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263430 said:

Every fan base is like this. Some fans are eternal optimists. Some see doom around every corner. Don't believe it? Go check out a Giants site. They are 2-0 and getting hype too. It'll be the same.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263430 said:

You do realize that the Cowboys have played 48 seasons, and the doomsayers have been correct for 43 of them, right? That means they've been right 89.6 percent of the time, while the pollyannas have been right only 10.4 percent of the time -- and never once in the past 12 seasons.

Some people always play the odds.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Some see the glass as always half full, some half empty and some call it like they see it ;)

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hostile;2263461 said:
Every fan base is like this. Some fans are eternal optimists. Some see doom around every corner. Don't believe it? Go check out a Giants site. They are 2-0 and getting hype too. It'll be the same.

Exactly.

Is there something wrong with me being pessimistic? I give props where props is due but damn if i see something that the boys need to work on is it wrong for me to criticize?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think everyone is just concerned about our defense. With good reason to be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Real1st;2263470 said:
Exactly.

Is there something wrong with me being pessimistic? I give props where props is due but damn if i see something that the boys need to work on is it wrong for me to criticize?
In a word...yes.

:grin:

Don't you know it chaps butts?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have high expectations but I don't see things like the SB as a given and never have in all the years I have been a Cowboys fan (1965 and counting) This team has a lot of work ahead of them on both sided of the ball we have a long way to go before post season comes around. In the course of the season I expect ups and downs. We played a tough close game last night and walked off the field winners that is important and I don't think there is a player or coach on this team who feels that we don't need any improvements. What Wade says to the press means little he has been around long enough to know that this is not a finished product.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
You are right that the chicken littles need to chill.

Two years ago there is no way we would have won this game. McNabb played great and their offense is impressive. Critics like to say we fold when getting punched in the mouth so this game helps prove otherwise.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
dmq;2263474 said:

Yeah....Cupcake D (soft and weak) is a very big concern.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
dmq;2263474 said:

Exactly.

Special teams is fine
The offense is fine

The defense scares me.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Disturbed;2263532 said:
Yeah....Cupcake D (soft and weak) is a very big concern.
Except our defense played well in the second half.

One bad half vs what may be an elite offensive team, well, it's not the end of the world.