Is It Possible that teams don't want to trade with Jerry unless they can fleece him?

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
...That teams don't want to trade with Jerry unless they can fleece him? Is he spinning the story to us fans?

He talks like he's the one not interested, but they sure give up premium players to everyone else around the league for reasonable picks.

Why do we look around every year and see these great trades being made, but none with our 'GM'?

montgod

Reaction score
...That teams don't want to trade with Jerry unless they can fleece him? Is he spinning the story to us fans?

He talks like he's the one not interested, but they sure give up premium players to everyone else around the league for reasonable picks.

Why do we look around every year and see these great trades being made, but none with our 'GM'?
Maybe but the Cooks and Gilmore trade would refute that idea cause those were pretty good trades

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i think it’s more about dallas not wanting to let go of draft picks.. we gave away for gilmore and lance plus last year for hankins. that’s a lot considering how much they love picks

Creeper

Reaction score

On the contrary. I would line up to trade with Jerry because the chances are he will get fleeced.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
In reality guys- we have no 4th,5th or 6th round picks next year with a lot of contacts coming up...we're not a buyer right now, we're just trying to figure out how we don't take a step back towards cap hell next year
Fair point

blueblood70

Reaction score
first of all why in the world would you take that Washington and new york would trade within the division to jerry jones and the Dallas cowboys?? that is very rare it doesn't happen very often

and by the way since when has chased young become a big time player?? he might as well be wearing a dorance armstrong jersey so they just got Dorance Armstrong here i thought randy Gregory was going to change with the 9ers?.

Jipper

Reaction score
Teams don't value 32nd picks in each round.

sure they do! I'd rather have the 32nd pick than the 33rd pick...this is why I am a big advocate of trading back when you are low in the rounds, you can almost always stockpile more picks and still get a player in that ballpark that has value..

but yes i get your humor too :)

shabazz

Reaction score
In the last year the Cowboys have traded for Hankins, Cooks, Lance, and Gilmore.
Three of them are clearly on the downsides of their careers and the other is a “has-been who never was.”

Jerry’s shopping at Walmart while other GMs shop at Neiman Marcus…..keep clipping coupons, Jerry.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Three of them are clearly on the downsides of their careers and the other is a “has-been who never was.”

Jerry’s shopping at Walmart while other GMs shop at Neiman Marcus…..keep clipping coupons, Jerry.
Tough crowd. Of the players that were moved which one would you have liked Dallas to get?