Is It REALLY Going To Be Hard To Run On the Vikes?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I dunno. I mean, sure they got the fatty twins clogging up the middle like a Big Mac-induced heart attack, but our delayed handoff game buys more time to free up lanes and I have a feeling they're not going to be as effective as everyone makes them out to be.

And let's face it, the Williams Boys' game is all about being bigger than the guys they're facing. We got some serious beef up front, biggest offensive line in all the land.

BEEFY!

reddyuta

Reaction score
i think we put up 100 easily on them,j.stewart had more than 100 against them and we have the three headed monster.i think screens and dump offs to the backs might work well too.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
reddyuta;3225792 said:
i think we put up 100 easily on them,j.stewart had more than 100 against them and we have the three headed monster.i think screens and dump offs to the backs might work well too.

Agreed. Sure, them fat boys clog up the middle, but just run around them. Duh.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Like I'd put in another thread:

The Vikings run defense is no more stout then ours.

Regular season the Vikings allowed 87.1 ypg rushing. #2 in the NFL.

We allowed 90.5 ypg rushing. #4 in the NFL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On offense:

We rushed for 131.4 ypg.....#7 in the NFL.

The Vikings rushed for 119.9 ypg......#13 in the NFL.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...because this team runs so much on delays.

Delays have an advantage allowing your lineman to set a block after the defender chooses a gap.

Man up on each of the Williams and invite them in before setting up a angle block one side or another. The gaps may be smaller, but once you get past their level you know they won't be active in the down field tackle.

They are only useful if the play stays in front of them within a few feet.

Work A and B gap delays on this team sprinkled in with delayed tosses and pitches to the outside to force them to run wider, hence increasing fatigue.

Pulling Davis or Kosier is going to work well for Dallas because the Williams have poor foot speed.

The secret to beating the Williams is the game plan we have used against Philly.

If we get the time of possession advantage over Minny it's going to be unpleasant for those two fat men to stay on the field chasing after RBs and Romo.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I frankly don't care so long as Dallas outscores them at the final gun.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboys2233;3225775 said:
I dunno. I mean, sure they got the fatty twins clogging up the middle like a Big Mac-induced heart attack, but our delayed handoff game buys more time to free up lanes and I have a feeling they're not going to be as effective as everyone makes them out to be.

And let's face it, the Williams Boys' game is all about being bigger than the guys they're facing. We got some serious beef up front, biggest offensive line in all the land.

BEEFY!

yes, they have the huge pat williams who weighs about 400 pounds and kevin williams who is 6-6 and about 300, remember parcells wanted kevin williams instead of newman, but with one of their star linebackers e j henderson out, the cowboys should be able to run some, and with big gurode and bigg leonard davis we should be able to run some.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3225842 said:
yes, they have the huge pat williams who weighs about 400 pounds and kevin williams who is 6-6 and about 300, remember parcells wanted kevin williams instead of newman, but with one of their star linebackers e j henderson out, the cowboys should be able to run some, and with big gurode and bigg leonard davis we should be able to run some.

Yeah, I'm happy that E.J. is out. Wish I had footage of a hit I saw him lay on some poor ******* a couple of years ago. The fullback thought he was all bad running free through the line and Henderson jacked him up so bad, I think they're still picking up the pieces. :laugh2:

Huntstyle

Reaction score
Neither Williams can catch up to Felix as he hits the corner.

That misdirection stuff we ran against Philly should work really well. Fake it to Barber going right, toss to Felix going left. No Williams to worry about then.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LowTech;3225806 said:
Like I'd put in another thread:

The Vikings run defense is no more stout then ours.

Regular season the Vikings allowed 87.1 ypg rushing. #2 in the NFL.

We allowed 90.5 ypg rushing. #4 in the NFL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On offense:

We rushed for 131.4 ypg.....#7 in the NFL.

The Vikings rushed for 119.9 ypg......#13 in the NFL.

...aren't the complete picture of both teams. Much of the Vikings good stats were a by product of being up on teams and their strong early season record.

What more applicable now is how have the last four games gone for both teams?

I think you will find that Dallas was involved in much more meaningful games and quality opponents with the exception of the Commanders at the end.

There is a reason why the media has jumped on the Cowboys bandwagon. They can't ignore what Dallas has done at the end of this season and the first round of the playoffs.

Does anyone really think that the Viking coaching staff was not concerned after watching Dallas' game against Philly?

On a back to back series with a divisional rival Dallas put a beat down on the Eagles. If it wasn't for the play by Vick to Maclin it there would have been no highlights whatsoever for the media to show from the Eagles side.

The Cowboys are on a roll and no one left in the NFC is happy that they are finding ways to tap into the enormous talent this team has had over the past three years.

Ren

Reaction score
i think we'll do ok, get Felix out on the edge and it won't matter how good their D line is. Running right at them probably won't be that successful though

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well as I recall the last time we played them, in 2007, we ran on them pretty well and had over a hundred yards as a team and Barber had almost 100 himself. I don't know if they had their regular MLB in there at that game either but we know he's not in there this time.

I like our chances to move the ball on them effectively enough to allow it to open up our passing game especially to our TEs who I believe are all seriously bad match ups for the Vikings linebackers.