Is it too soon? Next ROH induction should be which player?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
s-l300.jpg

Here is my nomination, who is yours?

So many great players from those 90s teams that were present last night. I noticed this guy was missing. I’m sure he’s busy calling his game. Quietly, having a very successful post football career as a top broadcaster and his own commissioner position.

Why is it important to induct this man? This is one of those few times that you can honor someone that the Hall of Fame never will honor because it’s not a flashy position. IMO, if we’re talking about modern day fullbacks (1980 to now) he is the best one ever to play the position. Darryl ‘Moose’ Johnston. And one of the greatest blockers at any position, EVER.

More than one player on that 90s team say he was the best player on the team. Extremely smart, learned everyone’s roles. We had a great offensive line, no doubt, but look no further than Emmitt’s reaction when he broke the rushing record, and cried on Moose’s shoulder to see who was so vital to that record.

And also an underrated offensive threat, could make some clutch catches when needed to save Aikman. If he wasn’t lined up with one of the greatest running backs of all time, you can bet your butt he would be getting all those flashy goal line runs that Alstott and others had. Complete team player, willing to sacrifice and do what is best for the Super Bowl, never a distraction. Played until his body could not sacrifice anymore.

Fans knew his value. Constant fan favorite, who can forget the classic MOOOOOSSEEE!!?

Plankton

Reaction score
This may sound bizarre to some, but it should be Clint Murchison. Without him, there is no franchise. If Jerry Jones is going to be put in, and he will, then the founder of the franchise should go in first.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I’m surprised Charles Haley is up there. Never really gave it much thought, but it’s not like he was here the majority of his career. Not taking anything away from his Hall of Fame status though.

But was a big part of the 49ers success as well.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Herschel Walker. Other than Jimmy, no body contributed so much to our quick turnaround in early 90s.

Just kidding of course. I actually loved Herschel even though the trade to ship him out was obviously a great decision in team history. Good player, great man.

Being totally serious I could get behind either choice above (Moose or Witten) for a lot of reasons.

But I'm going to offer up a different option:

Bill Bates

Yes I know he wasn't necessarily an "all pro" type player but he was a solid safety, a damn hard hitter and to me he personified everything that the Dallas Cowboys were about in my formative years.

Tough. Dependable. Solid. Consistent. Played 15 years in the NFL and every one of them in Dallas. Winner of the Bob Lilly award for leadership and character multiple times.

To me, as a boy and still now as an adult, Bill Bates represents a lot of what helped me have a lifelong love for this team.

He wasn't a generational player but he was a Cowboy legend in spite of that. For 15 years. Through a lot of good and really bad seasons , he just kept playing his guts out and running into anything in an enemy jersey as hard and as often as he could

I'd love to see his name on that Ring and I think it would be deserved.