Is it wrong that I have a burning desire to murder Bryant Gumbel?

odog422

Reaction score
He is horrid. But I do like the fact that it seems even on occasion he irks Collinsworth with the meaningless drivel - who gives a s*** Burt Ives went to Eastern Illinois? - and that Collinsworth won't participate in some of the stupid stuff he starts to put out there.

Especially his incessant references to Jessica Simpson. Give it a rest already!

Also liked when Collinsworth kind of "checked" him on the info about Romo's release time. I agree that he's there for a paycheck and has no real interest in the game. A good announcer would have helped to expand on that point because it was a very interesting piece of info considering Marino was the standard whenever discussions came up about his release. It was also considered one of the major reasons he became a HOF QB.

Gumbel is just bad.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I never partake in the supposed anti-Cowboy bias...but this is the second game Cowboy game I've heard him announce and he is very anti Cowboy.

He is also anti competence.

:D

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Devastating Larynx diseases or injuries never happen to the right people.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I never partake in the supposed anti-Cowboy bias...but this is the second game Cowboy game I've heard him announce and he is very anti Cowboy.

He is also anti competence.

Agreed. I'm not one who cares what announcers say about the Cowboys nor do I believe that there is "bias." That's just Cowboys fans wanting nothing but positive stuff about the team. Anyway...

...Gumbel was obviously pulling for the Cowboys to lose. And he's a horrible play by play guy, just terrible. He needs to stay with interviews where he is really good -- he's simply out of his element.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1852356 said:
Agreed. I'm not one who cares what announcers say about the Cowboys nor do I believe that there is "bias." That's just Cowboys fans wanting nothing but positive stuff about the team. Anyway...

...Gumbel was obviously pulling for the Cowboys to lose. And he's a horrible play by play guy, just terrible. He needs to stay with interviews where he is really good -- he's simply out of his element.

At one point, with the Cowboys missing their starting all pro center...and possibly their best offensive player, Owens and of course Terry Glenn, which no one ever talks about...Gumbel made a comment about the injury "decimated" Panthers defense.

He did the same thing when the Cowboys played the Packers. All he could do was talk about how great Rogers was.

He was non-stop about the penalties last night...and the reviewed plays.

It was beyond annoying.

rynochop

Reaction score
Luckily I was in a loud sports bar watching it, so could barely hear him.

I did like Collinsworth release deal too, but God he loves the sound of his own voice. Its almost like they're both PBP guys.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1852032 said:
You and the guy next to me at the bar. He wanted to kill CC and BG.
I think that Collinswoth is a great color guy. Pairing him with Gumbel must be as painful to him as it is to us. For someone who has done this for a good part of his life, I can't believe just how little about the game Gumbel actually knows.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1851893 said:
I spent half the game on the line with the FBI and CIA desperately trying to discover the identity of the shooter on the grassy knoll and how much his services go for. Holy incompetence, Batman.... :banghead:

It's wrong, illegal and actually post 9-11 a felony to make threats like that.:eek::

I enjoy the football and and don't listen to the broadcasters too much.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
dallasfaninsf;1852241 said:
did anyone hear him say Paytrick Cratton? hahahaha! God I hate him!

I thought it was Craytrick Patton but yea i heard it.

The entire production flat out sucks.

Thank goodness for the DVR. Many times it was the only way to get a replay of an interesting play because the production team was busy focusing on the backs of players heads as they stood around waiting for the play call.

I'd be embarrased if I were the NFL Network.

notherbob

Reaction score
Nors;1852474 said:
It's wrong, illegal and actually post 9-11 a felony to make threats like that.:eek::

I enjoy the football and and don't listen to the broadcasters too much.

<satire-sarcasm>
I see nothing wrong with wanting to kill him; however, actually doing so is considered wrong and would probably result in at least a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, even if it is off-the-field activity. And, too, if anyone could prove that his death was a recent occurance, the cops might want to talk to you, just to make sure you had good reason or some other acceptable excuse (A note from your mother probably wouldn't help much here.) :rolleyes:

</satire-sarcasm>