Is Julius 100%?

Novacek84

Reaction score
I don't believe he is. I just don't see the explosiveness I saw last year on his first cut at the line of scrimmage. Time after time he runs it into the line and then runs into his linemen and falls down in the same spot. If he has chances in the open field he never makes his man miss, whereas last year he would cut and run away from the defense in open space. I know high ankle sprains are tough but this is not the same back we saw toward the end of last season. We need this guy to be a weapon and he just isn't right now. I think Bill needs to ride Barber as much as he can right now.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I think he is. Our O-line is really bad and provides nothing in the way of help. Its Jones and Barber against 5-6 men. Thank god we have a passing game enough to force them to keep 7-8 men out of the box.

Mansta54

Reaction score
JJ is fine, its just hard to run with NO blocking.. The OLINE is killing this teams progress..

Novacek84

Reaction score
The line could definitely play better, but I guess my concern stems from what I'm not seeing from Julius in the open field.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
The line could definitely play better, but I guess my concern stems from what I'm not seeing from Julius in the open field.
Agree. He's not the explosive player he was last year. Also, another thing that concerns me long term is he takes way too many hard shots!

TrIpLeTs06

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
JJ is fine, its just hard to run with NO blocking.. The OLINE is killing this teams progress..
i would like to think JJ is fine and just blame the o-line, but there is no way u can say he is. JJ is not as explosive. its obvious.

scottsp

Reaction score
Jules could be 110 percent right now and wouldn't go too far.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
I don't believe he is. I just don't see the explosiveness I saw last year on his first cut at the line of scrimmage. Time after time he runs it into the line and then runs into his linemen and falls down in the same spot. If he has chances in the open field he never makes his man miss, whereas last year he would cut and run away from the defense in open space. I know high ankle sprains are tough but this is not the same back we saw toward the end of last season. We need this guy to be a weapon and he just isn't right now. I think Bill needs to ride Barber as much as he can right now.
It might help if every once in a while we called a run not designed between the tackles.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its hard to be explosive when youre linemen are playing 1 yard behind the LOS on every run. The

BlueStar II

Reaction score
It's obvious to anyone that our OL is just not opening up any holes on a consistent basis, although even when Jones has managed to somehow get into the open, he just doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness and elusiveness that he had last year. I'm not just talking about since he came back from the high ankle sprain, but even before he was injured, he just hasn't seemed to have much explosion at all compared to last year, IMO.