Is Martellus Bennett

Mansta54

Reaction score
Tennione72;2298493 said:
On the good hands team? Where was he on that onsides kick?

I don't know but Hurd flatout dropped the ball, it hit both his hands. We had a perfect shot at it... Just sayin!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Tennione72;2298493 said:

We played a HUGELY lethargic game-the score wasn't even as close as it seemed.

If we needed a miracle like an onsides kick to win games, then this team has problems.

Let's move on.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298504 said:
We played a HUGELY lethargic game-the score wasn't even as close as it seemed.

If we needed a miracle like an onsides kick to win games, then this team has problems.

Let's move on.

I think we all know that we played poorly and we have moved on but that doesn't change the fact that we did have a shot at the onsides kick. You can play poorly and still sneak away with a W at times...

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
exactly, didn't we beat Buffalo last year by recovering an onsides kick and if I'm not mistaken Witten is the one who got it

Eskimo

Reaction score
Tennione72;2298523 said:
exactly, didn't we beat Buffalo last year by recovering an onsides kick and if I'm not mistaken Witten is the one who got it

Tony Curtis recovered it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Tennione72;2298523 said:

It was Hurd. At the same time, I wonder if that win in Buffalo had a detrimental effect on us last year. It seemed like after that game, this team had that mentality that they're invincible, which may have boosted their overconfidence a bit.

As much as I hate to admit it-we need losses like this every now and then.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Tennione72;2298523 said:

Hurd knocked it forward and Curtis recovered it.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
You couldn't draw up an on-sides kick any better than that.

Hurd needs to snag that ball, plain and simple.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tennione72;2298493 said:

It doesnt matter. We shouldnt have been in that position.

Mansta54;2298502 said:
I don't know but Hurd flatout dropped the ball, it hit both his hands. We had a perfect shot at it... Just sayin!!!

I gotta tell ya... when I watched the replay I could see why he didnt catch it. He was still into his turning of his body to face the incoming ball. If you watch you can see this. If he was squared up to the ball sooner.... a millisecond sooner.... there is no doubt that he makes the catch. None.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mansta54;2298502 said:

I can't blame a guy for not coming down with it, the ball is going end over end and you jumping up into a crowd on the move. He made a good effort but just could not come down with it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
YoMick;2298612 said:
It doesnt matter. We shouldnt have been in that position.

I gotta tell ya... when I watched the replay I could see why he didnt catch it. He was still into his turning of his body to face the incoming ball. If you watch you can see this. If he was squared up to the ball sooner.... a millisecond sooner.... there is no doubt that he makes the catch. None.
Fred Biletnikoff would have come down with it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It was executed perfectly. Hurd could've easily snagged it or knocked it forward as he did vs Buffalo last year. Last season the bounces went our way, that wasn't the case on Sunday...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's supposed to make that play. I thought he jumped too soon. Still hit him in the hands. Doesn't change the fact we should have never been in that position.

Allowing Wash to get that last FG was worse than failing to get the onsides kick.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2298644 said:
He's supposed to make that play. I thought he jumped too soon. Still hit him in the hands. Doesn't change the fact we should have never been in that position.

Allowing Wash to get that last FG was worse than failing to get the onsides kick.

That's how I felt about it he could have made the play however we shouldn't have to rely on 4th quarter antics to come back its nice to know we can do that however it would also be nice to be able to destroy division rivals.