Is the time for cutting cap guzzlers next year?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
With no salary cap, what is the result of accelerated signing bonuses against said salary cap?

I.E that would probably be the time to part ways with Rivera, Allen (last year anyways huh), and maybe even Ferguson and Adams.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
With no salary cap, what is the result of accelerated signing bonuses against said salary cap?

I.E that would probably be the time to part ways with Rivera, Allen (last year anyways huh), and maybe even Ferguson and Adams.
LA is as good as gone but let's not cut the others unless we have a plan to replace them. Fergy and Floz are still two of the best players on the team.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I know, I'm just saying. There is no ramification for dropping players then right?

aikemirv

Reaction score
From what I understand, that would seem to be the case.

Another reason why we won't make it to 2008 without a CBA IMO. There would be some serious blood-letting of high priced players and Upshaw has got to know this.

The only ones that will lose from no CBA and no salary cap will be the low revenue owners and the players IMO.

Only the best players get signed by the high revenue teams and the marginal would have to play for the low revenue at a reduced salary because that is all they can get.

The high revenue owners get the best players , win most of the games, increase their take and get richer, may be shortterm, but the low revenue owners and the NFLPA will have to give in the end if the high rev onwers take their stand!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Think thats the conventional thinking right now. Wether its true or not, I dont know. It makes sense to a lay man, but the CBAs full of clauses and adendums and exceptions to the rules.

The Colts thought they were within the rules while renegotiating a few years back and ended up violating the rules without knowing it (or did they????). Sometimes you dont know your out of bounds till you look down and see the inbounds line way over yonder.

This whole thing is a mess and really screwing up the psuedo-gm in all of us fans. I have no idea whats right or wrong anymore. Need to pose this question to Adam, me thinks.