Is the West Coast offense a good fit for this team?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak put up impressive stats in this offense, however as we know the running scheme could be much better. Are there any schemes to recommend that we should look at adding? Are there any type of plays that would help us benefit in the run game/blocking schemes?

The slant passes are a known pass in this scheme, was it beneficial to our offense, or should we get away from it? Please give your thoughts

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It is absolutely a good fit, but must have a run game no matter what offense you run.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dak put up good stats against crap teams. Turn up the heat and he wilts. Those are my thoughts.
If only there were highly-compensated professionals on the sideline who could make adjustments, corrections, and then demand better of him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Can some explain what version of " west coast" offense they mean ..and expect ?

12+88=7

Reaction score
If the run defense improves and the running game kicks in 99% of the excuses will be solved.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The run offense was just stupid, slow developing and insanely predictable. I have no idea where this run scheme came from but it should go right in the trash.

I don't know where to find the stats for it but in particular the draw out of the shotgun was a horrible play. If the team is going to run the ball, Dak has to be under center more and run play action to keep teams honest. From what I have read, he doesn't like to do either because he likes to view the defense from the gun to read it.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I think they abandoned it because they saw Daks avg air yards were historically bad and the last half or third of the season they went back to what Dak likes. I saw some numbers that suggested this as well (avg time to pass) and it changed dramatically mid season if I recall.