CFZ Is there a better secondary in NFL than Cowboys?

quickccc

Reaction score
If there is a better secondary in the entire NFL than the Cowboys.. please advise.

- I cannot think of another NFL team that has a better secondary deep patrol than Cowboys.

- It's only just our starters with Diggs, Gilmore and Bland (all who made huge plays vs NYG)
but also look at our safety starters in Hooker and Kearse (whom I'd dreading we'll lose per FA)
as Donovan Wilson (out vs NYG)
..as well as our depth guys at safety in Izzy, Jy Thomas, and Bell.

-Jourdan Lewis is just a luxury insurance, imo and he still easily takes a backseat to Bland per slot/3rd CB.

- Overall these guys are sheer, sure fire ball hawks turnover machines. And watch to see opposing QBs hesitating to throw
and pulling the ball down to run instead of airing it out. Expect a good number of " coverage" sacks too.

- No more Antony Brown not turning for the ball in air big plays with Gilmore here.
Diggs is in an INT slump but we saw his other big play skills in popping or ripping the ball of receivers hands for turnovers.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade this group for another, but if there was a team to challenge the Cowboys unit you'll see them in Dallas this week. Sauce Garnder is just special.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
16th!!!!!!

Wow.

I may have played the "Cowboys bias card" at saying 1st but come on, 16th!

As a side note, Diggs and Gilmore were money against the Giants but the Dline got the praise.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
One hand washes the other. Sack artists won't get home without coverage and coverage doesn't work without pressure.
Agreed. I really liked what was on show. No more QB throwing to A Brown's side with our CB tandem.

Extra time for Dline to get home - win. Dline pressure and QB throws to tight coverage - win.

JayFord

Reaction score
I think we are as a unit

but Sauce Gardner is the best corner in the league imo

shabazz

Reaction score
Didn't Stefon Diggs just eat his lunch?
Sauce will continue to be the toast of ESPN and other sports outlet’s no matter how much he gets beat.

It just works that way.. Once anointed, the powers that be don’t like to budge off a narrative

Batman1980

Reaction score
Agreed. I really liked what was on show. No more QB throwing to A Brown's side with our CB tandem.

Extra time for Dline to get home - win. Dline pressure and QB throws to tight coverage - win.
Brown drove me bonkers for SO long because everyone else would be locked in and his man would be streaking down the sideline for an easy completion.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Brown drove me bonkers for SO long because everyone else would be locked in and his man would be streaking down the sideline for an easy completion.
He's owe me 100+ hours of sleep ive lost over the years.

I'm still to find out how I get paid for that in cash as I can't find out Googling it.

starfan1

Reaction score
I like ours but there are some really good ones out there. Miami is good as mentioned jets are good. I think the eagles are rated highly but I feel they are over rated

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Not sure if we are the best but after 8 games we will see where we stand compared to the other 30+ teams. I think we will be in the top 5 if we can stay healthy.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I like ours but there are some really good ones out there. Miami is good as mentioned jets are good. I think the eagles are rated highly but I feel they are over rated

Slay is overrated and they'll see again when we drop another 40 burger on them.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
If there is a better secondary in the entire NFL than the Cowboys.. please advise.

- I cannot think of another NFL team that has a better secondary deep patrol than Cowboys.

- It's only just our starters with Diggs, Gilmore and Bland (all who made huge plays vs NYG)
but also look at our safety starters in Hooker and Kearse (whom I'd dreading we'll lose per FA)
as Donovan Wilson (out vs NYG)
..as well as our depth guys at safety in Izzy, Jy Thomas, and Bell.

-Jourdan Lewis is just a luxury insurance, imo and he still easily takes a backseat to Bland per slot/3rd CB.

- Overall these guys are sheer, sure fire ball hawks turnover machines. And watch to see opposing QBs hesitating to throw
and pulling the ball down to run instead of airing it out. Expect a good number of " coverage" sacks too.

- No more Antony Brown not turning for the ball in air big plays with Gilmore here.
Diggs is in an INT slump but we saw his other big play skills in popping or ripping the ball of receivers hands for turnovers.
I can't imagine any teams is better than the Cowboys. Gilmore, Diggs and Bland - no way theres a better 3 in the league. The 3 headed safety team we have too may not be the tops, but its right up there with the way DQ utilizes them. I was really impressed with Thomas and Bell and always liked Lewis. What a luxury to have Lewis as what your #7 DB, you are so right.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You're going to see another good one in NYJ on Sunday. Good CBs, Ss and fast LBs. Similar to Dallas.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It would be hard to imagine a better secondary in today's league.

It's just a really deep unit