Is there a QB harder to sack than Romo, right now?

esloan

Reaction score
With Vick gone and McNabb not his normal running self, is there a QB harder to sack than Romo?

I am not saying he is the best QB, that still goes to Manning or Brady...but is there a QB that moves and avoids sacks better than Romo? If there is I don't see it.

The moves he displayed against the Bears and the Dolphins were pretty amazing, everytime you think that a sack is coming, Romo seems to get out of trouble and get the ball off.

Truly, how many sacks would Bledsoe have been a victim to in that Bears game?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
esloan;1665817 said:
With Vick gone and McNabb not his normal running self, is there a QB harder to sack than Romo?

I am not saying he is the best QB, that still goes to Manning or Brady...but is there a QB that moves and avoids sacks better than Romo? If there is I don't see it.

The moves he displayed against the Bears and the Dolphins were pretty amazing, everytime you think that a sack is coming, Romo seems to get out of trouble and get the ball off.

Truly, how many sacks would Bledsoe have been a victim to in that Bears game?

romo is a magician out there.

he is a special talent...that throw he made as he was going to his knees was breathtaking to say the least.

even the play he got rocked by urlacher ....he made two bears miss unreal like.

damn...i'm liking this romo ..sign him up now jerry.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
besides VY .. no. not with vick out and mcnabb underpreforming , maybe david gerrard if they used him right

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He is a slippery dude. Does anyone wear their cap on backwards all the time like he does?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Romo is more dangerous than any of them with the difference being when he escapes he's looking upfield still looking for a receiver versus running for first downs.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1665844 said:
Romo is more dangerous than any of them with the difference being when he escapes he's looking upfield still looking for a receiver versus running for first downs.

hammer on the nail!!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Romo is so good at getting away from the rush that when he actually does get sacked I actually find myself shocked. I haven't seen anyone who was better at getting away in the pocket than Romo and I've been watching football for a long time.

Roger Staubach and Fran Tarkinton were nearly as ellusive but they were both a lot more inclined to take off and run with it. Tony is just buying time to throw it.

Tony Romo is a Jedi :D

slick325

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1665844 said:

I love Romo but can't agree with that. McNabb is always looking upfield. How soon folks forget him buying time with his legs against our Cowboys in Texas Stadium, eluding rusher after rusher only to find a sub-par WR (I believe F. Mitchell) deep downfield.

As much as I hate the Eagles, I have to say that McNabb, Brady, Manning, Romo and Farve (in that order) have the best feet in the pocket in the entire league.

thewivil

Reaction score
dogunwo;1665842 said:
He is a slippery dude. Does anyone wear their cap on backwards all the time like he does?

I thought that went out of style several years ago, but Romo makes it look smoooooooooooooth.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Maybe Brett Favre. Favre seems to step away from a sure sack at the right , precise moment.

He has dodged many sacks already this season.

Aikbach

Reaction score
He's one wiley white dude, made three pro bowl ends look stupid in as many weeks.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Like Madden said, he plays like he is in a schoolyard. Running away from defenders, pointing to receivers, ducking under tackles, and finishes it off with a backwards cap on the sideline. Ha. Like Favre, he plays like a kid out there.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Just when you think you got him...........you aint got him

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Undisputed;1666048 said:
Like Madden said, he plays like he is in a schoolyard. Running away from defenders, pointing to receivers, ducking under tackles, and finishes it off with a backwards cap on the sideline. Ha. Like Favre, he plays like a kid out there.

I know we all get sick of Madden's love of Brett Favre, but you can tell he's really starting to jump on the Romo bandwagon. Soon, he'll be talking about Romo during games the Cowboys aren't even in.

Everyone just hates when he does it about Favre, but if he does it about Romo every week, I bet Cowboys fans would be ok with that. I know I would be. :D