Is there more pressure Playing for The Boys??

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Does anyone think that playing for The Dallas cowboys puts more pressure on a player than playing on any other team in the NFL.

I mean ,as soon as a guy from another team or is drafted gets here he's on "AMERICA'S TEAM"!!!

Then you have to admit ,this team gets scrutinized more by the media than any other team in the NFL.
I'll bet Roy Williams had two or three reporters at his locker after every Detroit game, and I'll bet here he has seven to ten if not more sticking microphone's in his face after his last few.

This team is the most popular team in the world and I would guess the most hated as well,(which I know we Embrace);) And I know we sell more jersey's and accessories than any other team in the NFL, which I'm sure pi$$es off some teams to no end.

There's alot of History with The Dallas cowboys ,some good and some bad, and as we all know one ahh sh-t cancels out 10 atta boys.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing their play by any means ,I just thought that playing for "AMERICA'S TEAM" may too much pressure to handle for some at first.

Don't hammer me now ,it's just my Thought.:)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If it is, we simply have weak-minded Cowboys then.

The pressure of being the flagship team of the NFL is no different now than it was 20 years ago.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Alexander;2408066 said:

The pressure of being the flagship team of the NFL is no different now than it was 20 years ago.

i could say the same about needing motivation to know what you have to do to win.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Alexander;2408066 said:

See I don't know about that ,the $$ is alot more and I think the players of old played with alot more passion then the players of today.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Not sure about the self-applied pressure theory, but when you embrace and market the "America Team's" stuff, other teams will resent it and will try harder against you.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2408409 said:
Not sure about the self-applied pressure theory, but when you embrace and market the "America Team's" stuff, other teams will resent it and will try harder against you.

I don't know if the players really embrace the America's Team thing. The owner does as it makes him lots of money. The fans do as we love how others love to hate our team. But the players? I'm not so sure. They deal with it as best they can. A lot of them grew up rooting for the Cowboys and were giddy when they ended up in Dallas, but I'm not sure they knew what they had "gotten themselves into". I'm sure they all discovered that the OP is right, there is added pressure being a Dallas Cowboy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
there is clearly NOT more pressure playing for Dallas. Jerry hands out big contracts to guys who don't really earn them and hates to cut bait on underperformers. That seems to point toward less rather than more pressure.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
Alexander;2408066 said:

Ummmm, to paraphrase John McEnroe; "You CAN'T be serious"!:lmao2:

You telling me the media market in NY compares to Dallas?
I lived in NYC, & believe me, they're friggin ALL OVER THEIR players, on ALL
their sports teams- not just football!

Let's not get CRAZY here- have some perspective!

birdwells1

Reaction score
CutMeMick;2411221 said:
Ummmm, to paraphrase John McEnroe; "You CAN'T be serious"!:lmao2:

You telling me the media market in NY compares to Dallas?
I lived in NYC, & believe me, they're friggin ALL OVER THEIR players, on ALL
their sports teams- not just football!

Let's not get CRAZY here- have some perspective!

Yeah that's the local media in ny, not the national media which grills the cowboys. One of the reason the giants were able to go as far last year is because of the slow start they were able to go under the radar. With all the attention the cowboys got at the start the SB champs were able to fly under the radar early this season. High expectation can be a burden to your team sometimes mentally and with all the teams pretty equal it can be a deciding factor.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Simply put...we are everyones Super Bowl. Carson Palmer came back to play Dallas...what has he done since? The Rams got up to play Dallas...what have they done since. Steven Jackson was jacked to play Dallas...ran like a maniac against Dallas...then he sat out the next week. Did he appear hurt against Dallas? And how has he run since Dallas? But it goes both ways. Jerry Jones gets hyped watching the Cowboys make a few plays...or watching the coaches light the scoreboard up. EVERYTHING is bigger in Dallas. Which is why this team needs a REAL GM!!! Never has it been more true than it is with this current crop. Was this OL ever any good...or was Romo making them look good. Was Barber really an elite RB...or was he a product of running against a tired defense. Is Ken Hamlin really that much of a difference maker...or has the secondary play been so bad that ANYBODY with a pulse back there would look good? Did Jason Garret inherit a top 5 offense and turn it into a top 5 offense? Or did he take that group from very good to elite. All of these questions are what a REAL GM must answer....but Jerry Jones wallet has ALREADY spoken...we have big money deals tied up in a lot of young players...and so threating them with their jobs is really not going to happen because of the cap hit. Firing Wade won't solve much either...he has 2 years left on his deal and he will get all of his money to sit home on his arse. Missing on coaching hires and personell go directly to the GM...and we all know who that is.