Is this the best case scenario?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ran a sim mock and these were the top 9 picks, I think its as good as it gets for possibilities at 10

1. Jags Lawrence, Qb
2. Jets Wilson, qb
3. 49ers Lance, qb
4. Falcons Fields, qb
5. Bengals Chase, wr
6. Dolphins Waddle, wr
7. Lions Smith, wr
8. Panthers Parsons, lb
9. Broncos Jones, qb

This leaves us with
Senei Pewell
Rashawn Slater
Kyle Pitts
Patrick Surtain
Jaycee Horn

Could move back to 15 and still get one of those players

Unlikely to happen but fingers crossed

≈===========================%==========================

I actually couldn't get anybody from 11-15 to bite so moved to 20, picked up a 2 and a 3 and ended up with

20. Greg Newsome
44. Jaelen Phillips
52 Alim McNeil
75 jevon holland
83. Brevin Jordan
99. Chaz Surratt
115. Milt williams

I should have taken Pitts in all honesty and not got greedy

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ran a sim mock and these were the top 9 picks, I think its as good as it gets for possibilities at 10

1. Jags Lawrence, Qb
2. Jets Wilson, qb
3. 49ers Lance, qb
4. Falcons Fields, qb
5. Bengals Chase, wr
6. Dolphins Waddle, wr
7. Lions Smith, wr
8. Panthers Parsons, lb
9. Broncos Jones, qb

This leaves us with
Senei Pewell
Rashawn Slater
Kyle Pitts
Patrick Surtain
Jaycee Horn

I actually couldn't get anybody from 11-15 to bite so moved to 20, picked up a 2 and a 3 and ended up with

20. Greg Newsome
44. Jaelen Phillips
52 Alim McNeil
75 jevon holland
83. Brevin Jordan
99. Chaz Surratt
115. Milt williams

I should have taken Pitts in all honesty

While I like the picks I don’t think it was worth it to trade down to 20.

morasp

Reaction score
Phillips and Newsome would be great pickups. I did a similar one this morning with a trade back and couple trade ups.
1:20 Newsome CB
2:12 Moehrig S
2:17 Onwuzurike DT
3:11 Bolton LB
3:19 Rumph DE backup LEO to Gregory
3:35 Spencer Brown OT
4:10 Tylan Wallace WR sub 4.4 40 deep threat they're looking for
4:33 Jamien Sherwoood Cam Chancellor type that they've shown interest in
5:3 Dylan Moses LB Value pick
6:8 Bryce Thompson Ball Hawk developmental CB

Cowboyny

Reaction score

1. Jags Lawrence, Qb
2. Jets Wilson, qb
3. 49ers Lance, qb
4. Falcons Fields, qb
5. Bengals Chase, wr
6. Dolphins Waddle, wr
7. Lions Smith, wr
8. Panthers Parsons, lb
9. Broncos Jones, qb

This leaves us with
Senei Pewell
Rashawn Slater
Kyle Pitts
Patrick Surtain
Jaycee Horn

20. Greg Newsome
44. Jaelen Phillips
52 Alim McNeil
75 jevon holland
83. Brevin Jordan
99. Chaz Surratt
115. Milt williams

No way I'm trading back, have the 2nd and 3rd rated players in the entire draft to choose from. Sewell or Pitts very tough decision.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

1. Jags Lawrence, Qb
2. Jets Wilson, qb
3. 49ers Lance, qb
4. Falcons Fields, qb
5. Bengals Chase, wr
6. Dolphins Waddle, wr
7. Lions Smith, wr
8. Panthers Parsons, lb
9. Broncos Jones, qb

This leaves us with
Senei Pewell
Rashawn Slater
Kyle Pitts
Patrick Surtain
Jaycee Horn

20. Greg Newsome
44. Jaelen Phillips
52 Alim McNeil
75 jevon holland
83. Brevin Jordan
99. Chaz Surratt
115. Milt williams

You logic is flawed...if we trade back to 15 all 5 of them could be gone....since 9 have been picked and there are 5 available....that makes 14. IF we are in that dilemma, you take the premium pick....premium player at one of the most important positions. Pitts would be second choice because of the possible generational talent and how the pass catching TE is such a weapon. Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, etc.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Pretty sure 80+% of the people here would say 1T, MLB, FS, CB, and OT with a smattering of people saying DE should be taken in the top three rounds this year. The question becomes who is available and in what order are the prospects taken.
IMO, the first 4 positions above -- you could draft a starter this year if you played your cards correctly.
I don't see anyone displacing Smith or Collins this year nor Tank or Gregory. Not that they don't need good players to develop, but I just don't see any rookie starting over these.
I can see a rookie starting at the rest of the positions though -- so that is my guess as to what Dallas should do-- try and draft 4 starters in the first 3 rounds, and then try to get the "other" 2 developing players in round 4. Don't reach for need and don't forget BPA, but as long as they can meld together - that should be the plan. The question becomes should you drop a tier for need, and I think the answer is no. IE if Pitts, or Wilson you see as legit Tier 1, why would you draft a Tier 2 player if this player drops. So getting the players arranged in the correct tiers is imperative.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You logic is flawed...if we trade back to 15 all 5 of them could be gone....since 9 have been picked and there are 5 available....that makes 14. IF we are in that dilemma, you take the premium pick....premium player at one of the most important positions. Pitts would be second choice because of the possible generational talent and how the pass catching TE is such a weapon. Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, etc.
You get the gist, I was still hung over when posted lol

Verdict

Reaction score
While I like the picks I don’t think it was worth it to trade down to 20.

In this draft, I think you would be hard pressed to drop from 10 to 20 and “win” the trade vs taking a player at #10. That’s a huge drop from tier talent.

If we end up drafting our first player at #20 we better end up raping them to move that far or have multiple trade downs to get there.

A drop off to even #15 is going to be a significant drop off. You might move from 10 to 12 and still get a tier 1 player depending on how the board falls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this draft, I think you would be hard pressed to drop from 10 to 20 and “win” the trade vs taking a player at #10. That’s a huge drop from tier talent.

If we end up drafting our first player at #20 we better end up raping them to move that far or have multiple trade downs to get there.

A drop off to even #15 is going to be a significant drop off. You might move from 10 to 12 and still get a tier 1 player depending on how the board falls.

Agreed. Although I have made a trade with New England down to 15 and still gotten either Surtain or Horn in a few mock drafts.