Is This The Game That Roy Williams Has An Impact?..

Reaction score
I remember that Roy Williams said that it will take until after the Bye-week to get the playbook down.

Has there been any reports on RW's at practice?

Is this the week that Roy Williams makes an impact with Romo being back? I hope so!

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2410914 said:
hopefully:starspin

Never been a big RW's fan but who can win in Detroit? LOL! From the little that I have seen from Roy Williams he is very impressive. The dude has suite-cases for hands and that is a good thing.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I sure would love to believe so.......

He will catch more then one pass....if I was a betting man

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I believe this is the game where his ability will start to make the difference he was brought here to make. Not only with him making a couple of extra catches in the game but this is going to allow TO to see a lot more single coverage, like he's been getting, and he's going to start to pull off some big games now.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
At this level, how long does it take to get acclimated with the playbook? This will be Roy's 5th week with the playbook.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We can only hope so. THe other thing that will be very dissapointing about this season if we tank is that we will have given up those draft choices for NOTHING.

It is easy to second guess and I bet Jerry thought that having Roy would help out Brad Johnson but we all soon found out there was no helping him!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get the playbook down, then you have to start working on the timing

i do think this is when roy will help the offense, and open up things for T O

the key is roy and T O must make some key catches, spread the defense of the Commanders out and allow barber to run, along with feliix hopefully

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo and Roy still have to get their timing down. It wouldn't shock me if he had a huge game but it also wouldn't shock me if he had a 1 or 2 completion game with 28 yards. Its going to take time. That's the risk you take when making trades at the deadline.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
he also really hasnt had a qb that could get it to him the last few weeks.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
I think he makes a huge impact in the first half, and then TO has a big second half when they stop rolling coverage his way. I think the Commanders will make Romo prove he's got his timing down with RW before they stop double teaming TO,which could actually be nice since maybe we can get an early lead because of it.

I still find it hard to believe that any defense would be able to stop this offense when everyone's healthy. It just scares me that I've been wrong more than once in my life.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Im a realist and I really do wish that my thought process is wrong. I just dont see how RW11 can make an impact with only having 5 weeks tops to learn the playbook and not practicing with Romo for those 5 weeks.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
He already made an impact his ability allowed us to win the Tampa game TO would not have made that type of catch

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2411160 said:
He already made an impact his ability allowed us to win the Tampa game TO would not have made that type of catch

I respect what you said and yes he did have one impactful play against TB. But honestly, any WR with the skill set as RW11 would have made that play. Its the consistency Im worried about, not the 1 or 2 plays per game.

Reaction score
catskillthunder;2411166 said:
I respect what you said and yes he did have one impactful play against TB. But honestly, any WR with the skill set as RW11 would have made that play. Its the consistency Im worried about, not the 1 or 2 plays per game.

Some great opinions here! Great post, guys!