It dawned on me last night: Jay Ratliff reminds me of Jon Randle....

newlander

Reaction score
the former Vikings tackle who was a little undersized but a SERIOUS *** kicker for years. I doubt Jay will talk smack like that, but this defense is starting to develop a serious attitude: and it's about time:bow:

I like this young man in the middle: he has fire, talent and an edge to him. Not unlike Randle back in the day.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Good comparison. Both players had non-stop motors.

He also reminds me of Bryant (?) Young of the Niners.

newlander

Reaction score
I remember Young being bigger, but he was a very solid pro for many years. If he could be in these two guys zip code for the next 7 years I'd be thrilled. That's the one thing I remember about Randle and YOung: they both had very long careers for dlinemen. Dline is brutal on a guy's body.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
newlander;2497478 said:
I remember Young being bigger, but he was a very solid pro for many years. If he could be in these two guys zip code for the next 7 years I'd be thrilled. That's the one thing I remember about Randle and YOung: they both had very long careers for dlinemen. Dline is brutal on a guy's body.

Young and Stubblefield gave me chills. That was a great combo.

newlander

Reaction score
Good point Funkytown: Randle was one bad mofo IMO. Just a feriocious butt kicking package in the middle. Give me 4 guys like him and Ratliff up front and I'll take my chances with the other 7.

burntricersx

Reaction score
the fire and intensity that Rat brings is priceless...along with Scandrick, Ware and Coach Wade taking control of the D.

IT'S ABOUT TIME the defense showed some swagger. Let's keep this momentum going through December and in the playoffs. I'm giddy for the first time all season the way the defense has played.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
newlander;2497417 said:
the former Vikings tackle who was a little undersized but a SERIOUS *** kicker for years. I doubt Jay will talk smack like that, but this defense is starting to develop a serious attitude: and it's about time:bow:

I like this young man in the middle: he has fire, talent and an edge to him. Not unlike Randle back in the day.

good comparison...

randle was a little bit crazier in the head...not a bad thing though..i loved randle.

i worked with a guy thatwas over at his sister's house one day next to randle's in sugarland texas and said he threw a full garbage can about thirty feet at a garbage truck one time because of lack of service.:lmao2:

gotta love it....i can picture that so well.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Wasn't Randle a bit under-sized and more of a pass-rusher? Ratliff is bigger and more of a complete player but not quite the pass rusher that Randle was. The one thing that is similar is the intensity he brings to the game.