It is hard to do...but try

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
It is really hard to do as fans, but sometimes, we all just need to step back for a second and look at the big picture.

Every time something doesnt go right for this team does NOT mean that so and so sucks, or that so and so needs to be fired. This is football. The opposing team is going to get the best of us, and vice versa. It's a chess match. Although the end of the game yesterday is complete garbage, I think its a bit harsh to say Garrett is terrible and needs to be gone, or Wade, or Romo, or Owens, or that the Williams trade was a joke.

Pittsburgh beat us yesterday (although we more or less handed them the game) But do you really think firing Wade, Garrett, and cutting Romo, TO, Williams etc is going to help this team? No, its going to make for a team that has no cohesion and no comoradory. This staff has been together for one year, and although I do not exactly like Wade Phillips approach, starting over from square one may not be the best option.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2474359 said:
It is really hard to do as fans, but sometimes, we all just need to step back for a second and look at the big picture.

Every time something doesnt go right for this team does NOT mean that so and so sucks, or that so and so needs to be fired. This is football. The opposing team is going to get the best of us, and vice versa. It's a chess match. Although the end of the game yesterday is complete garbage, I think its a bit harsh to say Garrett is terrible and needs to be gone, or Wade, or Romo, or Owens, or that the Williams trade was a joke.

Pittsburgh beat us yesterday (although we more or less handed them the game) But do you really think firing Wade, Garrett, and cutting Romo, TO, Williams etc is going to help this team? No, its going to make for a team that has no cohesion and no comoradory. This staff has been together for one year, and although I do not exactly like Wade Phillips approach, starting over from square one may not be the best option.

I understand your point, but we are not talking about isolated incidents here. Patterns of habit have definitely developed over the course of the season. A lot of bad habits at that. Penalties, turn overs, questionable play calling, playing to not lose rather than to win, and finally the worst of all, expecting to blow it in big games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was actually ashamed of Cowboys fans after their fire Wade comments.

This defense is FINALLY playing at a very high level and you guys want to fire the guy who is the biggest reason for that.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
CATCH17;2474403 said:

This defense is FINALLY playing at a very high level and you guys want to fire the guy who is the biggest reason for that.

While I am personally not ready to fire Wade just yet, I ask you what the logic was behind turtling up with a prevent defense with 8 minutes to go after dominating the game defensively? Have we not learned yet that prevent defense is only to be used up 42-0, and not when one score ties it up?

Wade seems unable to learn from past mistakes in my opinion.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It wasn't a PREVENT defense.

We just went into a bend but dont break mode.

Most NFL coaches would call the game the same way Wade did with a 10 point lead in those conditions.

Either way if our defense can stay at this level of play our offense wont be held down very long.

We were 8 minutes from being the most feared team in football and I think we can re-capture some of that with a W over the Giants.

This one hurts though. BAD.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
CATCH17;2474433 said:
It wasn't a PREVENT defense.

We just went into a bend but dont break mode.

Most NFL coaches would call the game the same way Wade did with a 10 point lead in those conditions.

Either way if our defense can stay at this level of play our offense wont be held down very long.

We were 8 minutes from being the most feared team in football and I think we can re-capture some of that with a W over the Giants.

This one hurts though. BAD.

That's funny. :laugh1:

So now what are we? :confused:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2474359 said:

Good post if this was November, but this is December and this team has a history of folding in December just like they did yesterday. They MUST STEP UP in these next three games. If they miss the play-offs, then Jerry is going to be Jerry and look to make changes. I personally doubt that the players are going anywhere, so that means there are coaching changes coming.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CATCH17;2474403 said:

Wade is the only coach who seems to be coaching. Sure, you can blame players for execution, but holding the Steelers to three points through more than three quarters of play should have been enough to seal the game.