It is said that History repeats.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I find it remarkable how often this seems to come true. I really hope it does tonight. Not saying it will, but I hope it does.

All this week, I've felt a bit strange because I am normally unsure about Eagles week. In fact, I can hardly remember the last time I did not feel that way. This week, I just don't feel worried about the Eagles. I mean, I know they are a good team and all, but I just am not worried about them and I should be. They have won 3 out of 4 and have enjoyed a pretty good measure of success against us these past several years. In fact, the last time I remember not feeling worried about the Eagles were during the early 90s. In fact, in 1992, we lost 31-7 in Philly and one month later, had beaten Philly 20-10 in Dallas. At that time, the Eagles had Randall Cunningham playing QB for them. Randall had given us fits his entire career. In fact, at that time, Philly had pretty much dominated us. From 86 up to 92, Philly was 9-3 against us. Randall was getting a bit older and Philly felt like that would be there year. We meet them in the Divisional Playoffs that year and we smoked them 34-10. Then next year, 1993, we swept Philly and till the 2nd meeting in 1995. That was the last time I didn't worry about Philly. I just knew we could beat them.

So yeah, I sure do hope history repeats itself.

:)

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Glad you feel confident...I feel good about tonights game. In fact I feel good about going up against anyone right now, but I hope the team feels like they have something to prove.

This is certainly not a make or break game, but I think this win will go a long ways.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Good for you.

I've been nervous all week. It's a pity this site doesn't have that grey smiley chewing its fingernails - that would encapsulate my emotions perfectly.

yimyammer

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2258804 said:
Good for you.

I've been nervous all week. It's a pity this site doesn't have that grey smiley chewing its fingernails - that would encapsulate my emotions perfectly.

I feel almost nauscious (can't imagine how the players must feel).

I'm having flashbacks to when we couldn't beat the 49ers and I dreaded everytime we played them.

I sure hope you're right and we're about to turn the corner (I thought we did that last year when we whipped them at their house, but then they dashed my hopes when they shut us down at hoime a few weeks later)

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2258804 said:
Good for you.

http://i81.***BLOCKED***/albums/j215/DALLAS4LIFE/ticket.jpg

http://i81.***BLOCKED***/albums/j215/DALLAS4LIFE/2005_1030Image0037-1.jpg

i felt the same way when i rolled up into Texas Stadium for this game

Maxmadden

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2258761 said:
I find it remarkable how often this seems to come true. I really hope it does tonight. Not saying it will, but I hope it does.

All this week, I've felt a bit strange because I am normally unsure about Eagles week. In fact, I can hardly remember the last time I did not feel that way. This week, I just don't feel worried about the Eagles. I mean, I know they are a good team and all, but I just am not worried about them and I should be. They have won 3 out of 4 and have enjoyed a pretty good measure of success against us these past several years. In fact, the last time I remember not feeling worried about the Eagles were during the early 90s. In fact, in 1992, we lost 31-7 in Philly and one month later, had beaten Philly 20-10 in Dallas. At that time, the Eagles had Randall Cunningham playing QB for them. Randall had given us fits his entire career. In fact, at that time, Philly had pretty much dominated us. From 86 up to 92, Philly was 9-3 against us. Randall was getting a bit older and Philly felt like that would be there year. We meet them in the Divisional Playoffs that year and we smoked them 34-10. Then next year, 1993, we swept Philly and till the 2nd meeting in 1995. That was the last time I didn't worry about Philly. I just knew we could beat them.

So yeah, I sure do hope history repeats itself.

:)

Got the same feeling. I don't get it often but I can only remember one time when it was a false feeling. No butterflies or anything just wishing it would get here already.

I feel by the end of the 3rd quarter the game will be decided.