It is what it is Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know everyone sees how far we are away after watching the Super Bowl. But we also must look at the bottom of the NFL and appreciate it’s not worse .

As frustrating as it’s been this era under our dysfunctional organization and leadership it could have been much worse. I’m often surprised the last couple decades+ haven’t been more like the 5-11 Funk in Campo run.

Yea, I know how screwed up it is and I’ve known it for almost half my life. But there’s really nothing we can do about it. I try to enjoy despite what we’ve become and grateful we even have a competitive team which can provide us 17 meaningful games.

That doesn’t mean I accept what Jethro Jone$ has provided us . I’ll always speak out against him but I also won’t expend too much energy anymore trying to treat our organization like the other NFL teams. But we must learn to tolerate.

We aren’t a normal NFL franchise. And we don’t conduct our business or strategies building our team in a normal NFL fashion. Our priorities are out of whack . We aren’t making every effort to win a championship.

So why get yourself all worked up over it. Not much is going to change. Jethro has a stranglehold over football operations. He’ll continue attempting to market and hype his product in whatever fashion he sees fit.

Remaining relevant and interesting will continue being the initial objective . And this team and current stars deliver enough for this owner to continue his ways.

I suggest for fans to reevaluate their expectations in order to limit your frustrations and try to enjoy the 60 minutes 17 weeks a season as they are still games of competition we can root and cheer on trying to escape our destiny this era. It’s really all we have left until we have new leadership in the sky box.

The good news is the NFL is still alive and well despite our Cowboys not being in the picture deeper in playoffs. There’s still great teams and players to watch. Our team doesn’t have to be in it to enjoy and appreciate the NFL product. Unfortunately we aren’t a championship caliber franchise any longer. Only in name. And we can still be proud of our history.

I’ll always be a football fan first. The Cowboys were just an expansion team when I became a fan. They didn’t have to be great for me to enjoy and appreciate the sport. I also still enjoy and follow my Alma Mater and high school. And I’ll always follow my local NFL team. I love football at all levels. So my local NFL team is dysfunctional and out of sorts. Oh well. Fortunately Football is still alive and well !!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
You make good points.

There hasnt been a season to think it was the year for dallas since 07. Of course the main goal is to win superbowls but some seasons have been enjoyable. The last 3 were 12-5 if people can't even at least enjoy a good season why watch lol.

Just have to keep watching and hoping for a miracle. I've quit being extremely negative towards the cowboys becuse it doesn't help and there's plenty of that already. But hard not to get frustrated with the playoffs the last 3 years. It's always something.

Aven8

Reaction score
I love football and unfortunately I love the Dallas Cowboys. I enjoy the journey that each season brings. It’s not just entertainment but almost a hobby. I watch almost every NFL game I can each week.

The Cowboys are who they are. We hope that they will somehow find a way to get there, but as you see with SF it’s very difficult to win the whole thing. As good as SF has been they have lost 3 SB’s and been to multiple NFC Title games only to lose.

All in all, it should be an interesting year. But I think health permitting this team will most likely make the playoffs again. Mike is an excellent HC. After that? Most likely the same results. But we all wait like we have for 28 years straight…