CFZ It Might Be Time for Jalen, Jalen, and Jalen

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We play the Giants this week. Looking ahead (as opposed to dwelling on the past), we should have a pretty easy time with the Giants. I just don't see any way they can pose any sort of threat this year, even on their luckiest day. Not against this team. There's always a chance I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

One thing that's being overlooked in light of our recent loss is the emergence of Jalen Tolbert. He had a rough rookie year, but it turns out he's looking like a legitimate player in this league. I was really impressed by his offseason conditioning. The guy just looked sculpted and ripped, and he obviously put in the work to accomplish that, which is what I want from all of our rookies.

I see Jalen Brooks on the sideline and I can't help but wonder if he can help this team. With how lanky he is and how crisp his routes are, I would like to see him working the slot. I have a feeling that when he finally gets his chance, he won't be inactive again after that.

There's always the chance of injuries. Having your backup skilled positions ready can be crucial to long-term playoff success. When I look at the San Fransisco defense and schemes they run, I get the hunch that Jalen Brooks could really do some damage to their coverages, especially from the slot. It's not his speed that I like. I like his size and ability to run precise routes. He's what some would call "sneaky" good, and has really good hands.

That brings me to the last Jalen. Jalen Moreno-Cropper. To me, this guy reminds me of the Juanyeh Thomas of our WR group. He's very savvy, like a Jack of All Trades sort of player. Has the speed, a little undersized, but his route running, experience and versatility also makes him a viable weapon for us in the future. I realize he'll likely remain on the PS for most of the year. But if you wanted to get a look at the kind of player he can possibly be, this week would be the time to do it.

I don't expect him to jump ahead of Jalen the draft pick. But I'm also not there and haven't seen how he has progressed or digressed at practice. I do know in college he was very productive. I thought rookie Josh Downs was better than Cropper, but not by much. And Cropper has a little bit of Stephon Diggs to his game. My biggest hope is nobody picks him up and we eventually get to see him on the field wearing the star, especially since Cropper is a Cowboys fan who comes from a family of 49eres fans.

In conclusion, I know we can't get them all on the field at once. But I would at least like to see more of Tolbert against the Giants. You need to prepare our guys lower on the roster for the future and find a way to get at least one or two of the Jalens more involved against the GIants. That would be one of many goals I would set for the up-coming week against our historic rivalry.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You forever repping JMC.
I thunk Tolbert is the best you can hope for, too much money and seniority for Brooks to get time.
That's right. I'm a fan of JMC. Also a fan of Brooks, too, though. I also repped Tolbert last offseason, then kinda grew cold on him only to warm back up to him again.

The reason I'm saying this right now, though, is because we have the Giants this weak. And you never know about injuries. I saw we were working out Bryant, so that tells me they are trying to prepare in the case of injuries, and I'd rather keep it in-house than to bring in a player who has to learn the playbook and integrate himself with the team. I also want to see our team get younger, at some point. It's a win-win. If the rookies have success, there's a lot of team value there. Like I said, this would be the game to expose them to the league and get them some much needed experience. Just in case.

I'm not saying blow off the Giants or overlook them. I'm just suggesting we use this game to prepare our team for all possibilities. Knock on wood.

Mannix

Reaction score
We play the Giants this week. Looking ahead (as opposed to dwelling on the past), we should have a pretty easy time with the Giants. I just don't see any way they can pose any sort of threat this year, even on their luckiest day. Not against this team. There's always a chance I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

One thing that's being overlooked in light of our recent loss is the emergence of Jalen Tolbert. He had a rough rookie year, but it turns out he's looking like a legitimate player in this league. I was really impressed by his offseason conditioning. The guy just looked sculpted and ripped, and he obviously put in the work to accomplish that, which is what I want from all of our rookies.

I see Jalen Brooks on the sideline and I can't help but wonder if he can help this team. With how lanky he is and how crisp his routes are, I would like to see him working the slot. I have a feeling that when he finally gets his chance, he won't be inactive again after that.

There's always the chance of injuries. Having your backup skilled positions ready can be crucial to long-term playoff success. When I look at the San Fransisco defense and schemes they run, I get the hunch that Jalen Brooks could really do some damage to their coverages, especially from the slot. It's not his speed that I like. I like his size and ability to run precise routes. He's what some would call "sneaky" good, and has really good hands.

That brings me to the last Jalen. Jalen Moreno-Cropper. To me, this guy reminds me of the Juanyeh Thomas of our WR group. He's very savvy, like a Jack of All Trades sort of player. Has the speed, a little undersized, but his route running, experience and versatility also makes him a viable weapon for us in the future. I realize he'll likely remain on the PS for most of the year. But if you wanted to get a look at the kind of player he can possibly be, this week would be the time to do it.

I don't expect him to jump ahead of Jalen the draft pick. But I'm also not there and haven't seen how he has progressed or digressed at practice. I do know in college he was very productive. I thought rookie Josh Downs was better than Cropper, but not by much. And Cropper has a little bit of Stephon Diggs to his game. My biggest hope is nobody picks him up and we eventually get to see him on the field wearing the star, especially since Cropper is a Cowboys fan who comes from a family of 49eres fans.

In conclusion, I know we can't get them all on the field at once. But I would at least like to see more of Tolbert against the Giants. You need to prepare our guys lower on the roster for the future and find a way to get at least one or two of the Jalens more involved against the GIants. That would be one of many goals I would set for the up-coming week against our historic rivalry.
I've been saying the same thing in regard to Brooks....I'd like to see him on the field....he's a fairly big target. How could he possibly be any more ineffective than Gallup or Cooks??? I real organization would be finding a way to work him in,

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Brooks is the one I want to see more of. I think he's tougher than the other WRs not named CeeDee.

I see no reason he can't do what Gallup did before he went south. He's tall and lanky also, but I think he's much more physical and wants it more. A bit like a Noah Brown who is better at playing WR and catching the ball.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Strange that it seems like Dak is doing a better job looking to get Turpin involved on the offense than Cooks
Turpin is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. Dude has come along quite well. I still worry about him fumbling, but he's been pretty impressive so far.
I'm not concerned about Cooks' stats. He's making defenses account for him, which is all I want from these guys. When CeeDee's stats were down, I wasn't upset about it. I mean, I feel for CeeDee. But we all know what kind of player he is. The same goes for Cooks in my opinion. The focus right now should be staying healthy for the playoffs.

I don't want to see any of our key players injured against the Giants. We rolled them last time, and this game should be no different. No sense in risking injury to Lamb, Dak, Tyler Smith, etc.. So, to me, it makes sense to play some of our younger guys for this game. And I hope to see some of our younger WRs getting time, as well as guys like Bass, Luepke, etc.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Brooks is the one I want to see more of. I think he's tougher than the other WRs not named CeeDee.

I see no reason he can't do what Gallup did before he went south. He's tall and lanky also, but I think he's much more physical and wants it more. A bit like a Noah Brown who is better at playing WR and catching the ball.
Yep, I also thought he was similar to Brown. He has the ability to be better: a little more coordinated and smoother in his movement, has more finesse to his game. I agree, though; he can produce in this league. Also, not saying he is Irvin. But Brooks has a little Irvin in him too.. I'd say kind of a combination of Irvin and Noah Brown.

Also, good to see you around, man!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Soon as we call him he's going to do something that makes us mad

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Won’t hurt, put them all out there, can only go up compared to what we are getting from all WR not named CD.

Creeper

Reaction score
We should have had an easy time with the Cardinals too. The Giants are banged up and using their 3rd string QB but they can't sleep waqlk into this game. It should be another 40-0 blowout and anything less will be a disappointment.

If they are up 40-0 in the 3rd quarter and they want to give Tolbert a few plays then fine, but do not take the foot off the gas until this game is solidly in their hands.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
We should have had an easy time with the Cardinals too. The Giants are banged up and using their 3rd string QB but they can't sleep waqlk into this game. It should be another 40-0 blowout and anything less will be a disappointment.

If they are up 40-0 in the 3rd quarter and they want to give Tolbert a few plays then fine, but do not take the foot off the gas until this game is solidly in their hands.

Lol, this. No let up at all.

rambo2

Reaction score

376 yards

rambo2

Reaction score
I've been saying the same thing in regard to Brooks....I'd like to see him on the field....he's a fairly big target. How could he possibly be any more ineffective than Gallup or Cooks??? I real organization would be finding a way to work him in,
376 yards