It started from the very beginning

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can’t challenge a spot unless for a 1st down or TD……or so I hear. I thought you could challenge any spot :huh:

cowboynut

Reaction score
Note that the spot of the ball may be challenged in certain cases. In such cases, a decision to respot the football is not enough to win the challenge; only when the ball is respotted and the ruling on the field is reversed by remeasurement is the challenging team not charged a timeout.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Note that the spot of the ball may be challenged in certain cases. In such cases, a decision to respot the football is not enough to win the challenge; only when the ball is respotted and the ruling on the field is reversed by remeasurement is the challenging team not charged a timeout.
Honestly, I will sacrifice a timeout and challenge in that spot to force a punt. 4th and 2 is a lot different than 4th and a half yard.

cowboynut

Reaction score
Honestly, I will sacrifice a timeout and challenge in that spot to force a punt. 4th and 2 is a lot different than 4th and a half yard.
Agreed but we couldn’t challenge that play now that I read the rule

HungryLion

Reaction score
From the start why didn’t sta puff Mcarthy throw the Challenge flag on that spot when Hurts ran in the beginning of the game?
You can’t challenge the spot of the ball unless it pertains to the line to gain or goal line.

McCarthy cannot challenge that play.