It was over when...

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
We went for the field goal instead of the TD with 10 minutes to go. I think the coaching has done a great job this season but I feel they blew this one. You could see the emotion go out of the team, especially when our horrid special teams gave NE the ball on the 35. The field goal still put us 2 scores behind, don't get it.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
pbthal;1709602 said:
We went for the field goal instead of the TD with 10 minutes to go. I think the coaching has done a great job this season but I feel they blew this one. You could see the emotion go out of the team, especially when our horrid special teams gave NE the ball on the 35. The field goal still put us 2 scores behind, don't get it.

I agree that it was over then.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pbthal;1709602 said:
Yeah, I think so too. A TD would have put life right back in the team. The FG sucked the life out of them and the Patriots jammed the gas pedal to the floor after that.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I think it was over when we demonstrated that we were not going to stop Brady.

I think our offense became irrelevant, because it was clear that the Patriots were going to score as many as they needed.

Our defense has to tighten up.

We have only played two respectable offenses and in those games Dallas has given up 35 and 48 points.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
The Brady QB sneak. They had the middled clogged but forgot the B gap.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
pbthal;1709602 said:

Numerous objects were thrown around my living room when we kicked the FG.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
pbthal;1709602 said:

I agree, I did not agree with the FG choice either.

Starting with 3rd down at the 5, I would have gotten the ball in Barbers hands twice, but that's just me.

hendog

Reaction score
BlackJackMurphy;1709641 said:
4th and 1 hold then again it may have been over when Nate Jones was given his game jersey...

The 4th and 1 hold against KK killed us but I thought they held all nite.

StylisticS

Reaction score
It wasn't over at the time but we was still down 1 touchdown when Kosier committed that worthless useless holding when Marion got a first down. In fact, Marion was already passed him and then he started to hold him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A little before then (end of the 3rd) we had 4th and one at midfield. We should have went for it instead of punting into the end zone.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
gbrittain;1709632 said:
I think it was over when we demonstrated that we were not going to stop Brady.

I think our offense became irrelevant, because it was clear that the Patriots were going to score as many as they needed.

Our defense has to tighten up.

We have only played two respectable offenses and in those games Dallas has given up 35 and 48 points.

Or the fact that our offense had a hard time sustaining any drives. Look at the time of possession battle. Yeah the Pats are going to score points, they have a great offense. But our offensive line killed us with penalties today.

It was over when we had three consecutive drives that had holding calls. The 4th and 1, then two more deep in our own territory. It's going to be hard to beat any team when you commit 12 penalties or so for over 100 yards. But you arent going to beat elite teams playing undisciplined football like that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
When we lost the lead is when I knew we were done.

proline

Reaction score
hendog;1709668 said:
The 4th and 1 hold against KK killed us but I thought they held all nite.

Yup, that was it for me. Especially since Barber had gained a 1st down on that play.