It's 2024 or bust

BKBDAD

Reaction score
The way Dak’s contract is laid out going forward, unless they renegotiate to add years to his contract in which it won’t eat up huge numbers on the CAP after next year, (which would be a huge mistake), 2024 is the make it or break it year for Dak, McCarthy & several others! Jerry will give them just about anything they need this year but short of a NFC Conference debut, the Cowboys of 2025 will look completely different as they will clean house and who knows what that will look like? The only player who will 100% be on the roster in 2025 is CeeDee and that includes Micah! I will always wish for Cowboys success and hopefully next year is THE YEAR but if not, we will be seeing a huge shift in the future.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If the team struggles midseason, it will be a repeat of Wade Phillips. They will quit on McCarthy. The difference is they don't have "the next Tom Landry" on staff. Whichever "home run hire" DC they hire will be named interim HC and the season will be a big bag of nothing.

If the team has similar regular season success and then poop the bed in the playoffs, they will do McCarthy like they did Garrett. "You're not fired, but your contract is up so you don't work here anymore."

The Jones. They do football right.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2024 is the make it or break it year for Dak,
Would it be surprising, previous posts and threads for the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons, stating those were make or break years for Prescott, number in the hundreds on CowboysZone? 2024 will be no different unless Jones throws 100% of his support behind another quarterback. Personally, I doubt that certain player is currently on the roster.

starfan1

Reaction score
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-regular-season-nfl-wins-last-10-years

NFL Teams With Most Fans in AttendanceThe Dallas Cowboys led all teams in regular-season attendance with an average of 93,594 fans per game. The Cowboys also had the highest attendance for the 2022-23 regular season (93,465).Jan 9, 2024

we fall short of the big game and i get thats alot of the standard here. its not going to change as long as the jones boys are in charge. the link above will show that there has been enough success for Jerry. He would like to win a SB Im sure but the consolation prize isnt bad.Just stay relevent enough. That doesnt even begin to mention TV revenue and Dallas being game of the week.

I would love to lift the lombardi but each year there are 31 losers and while jerry hasnt seemed to build a good enough team its doubtful to me that fans in here would do alot better. I take my fandom for what it is hope for the best be encouraged each season and enjoy the ride. Rinse and repeat. One year lady luck is gonna shine on us.Im 62 and i hope it happens soon.my answer is far from whining about it. it solves nothing JMO

mardwin

Reaction score
Would it be surprising, previous posts and threads for the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons, stating those were make or break years for Prescott, number in the hundreds on CowboysZone? 2024 will be no different unless Jones throws 100% of his support behind another quarterback. Personally, I doubt that certain player is currently on the roster.
A year from now you can repost this comment and add 2024

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-regular-season-nfl-wins-last-10-years

NFL Teams With Most Fans in AttendanceThe Dallas Cowboys led all teams in regular-season attendance with an average of 93,594 fans per game. The Cowboys also had the highest attendance for the 2022-23 regular season (93,465).Jan 9, 2024

we fall short of the big game and i get thats alot of the standard here. its not going to change as long as the jones boys are in charge. the link above will show that there has been enough success for Jerry. He would like to win a SB Im sure but the consolation prize isnt bad.Just stay relevent enough. That doesnt even begin to mention TV revenue and Dallas being game of the week.

I would love to lift the lombardi but each year there are 31 losers and while jerry hasnt seemed to build a good enough team its doubtful to me that fans in here would do alot better. I take my fandom for what it is hope for the best be encouraged each season and enjoy the ride. Rinse and repeat. One year lady luck is gonna shine on us.Im 62 and i hope it happens soon.my answer is far from whining about it. it solves nothing JMO
heck yeah, marketing and attendance trophies for us.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team struggles midseason, it will be a repeat of Wade Phillips. They will quit on McCarthy.
This is what I have been waiting to see might happen. Dallas players have been seeing and following more than their head coach for decades. The division does not completely invoke loyalty, inspiration, and dedication in a roster.

That said, Romo's injury accelerated Phillips' firing. Something similar may also be required to end McCarthy's tenure, but maybe not.

starfan1

Reaction score
heck yeah, marketing and attendance trophies for us.
its just a fact winning the big one is hard. Jerry from an owners standpoint does what he needs to do he just needs to take off his GM hat and let someone else do it. jerry puts butts in seats. jerry in the salary cap era couldnt field a complete team if his life depended on it