Its all about the OLINE...

juck

Reaction score
I am warming up to Roy Williams and think our Wrs,RBs,TE are excellent,but without good blocking its pointless.In actuallity u dont need WOW players if u have a great OLINE.I hope Kosier heals and the rest get their heads out of their butts seriously.Flo is hurt and if he cant play then he shouldnt.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
juckie;2341352 said:
I am warming up to Roy Williams and think our Wrs,RBs,TE are excellent,but without good blocking its pointless.In actuallity u dont need WOW players if u have a great OLINE.I hope Kosier heals and the rest get their heads out of their butts seriously.Flo is hurt and if he cant play then he shouldnt.

:hammer:

That is the one constant in our poor play of late.

Against the Skins we could not open up any holes to run the ball.

Against Cincy we ran the ball decent, but could not get open downfield.. Not on the Oline.

Against the Cards we couldnt run the ball, and Romo was harassed all day.

I think you nailed it. If we want this offense to perform at the level we know it can and expect it to, this Oline needs to step up and get back to the way they were playing the first two games.

(Another point that just adds to your theory is the Giants playoff game last year. It all went downhill in the 2nd half when our Oline fell apart. Having all the receivers in the world wont matter if we cant run the ball and our QB is getting harassed all day)

Ender

Reaction score
Rampage;2341356 said:
the o-line had 1 bad game. they will get it together.

They have had more than one bad game. About 3 in a row if you ask me.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
at the beginning of the season against Browns, Eagles and Packers Defense Romo never got touched and Barber had huge holes .....I believe we have the players to do it.....they just need to focus and get back to work......

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
The Oline has played really well for the most part (obviously a wretched performance on Sunday). I am not too worried about them. I dont have much confidence in Proctor though, I was hoping Holland would be ready to maul some people. On that note, still not sure what we have in Holland either tbh. I cant wait for Kosier to come back. He may not be the strongest guy, but at least he was consistent.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
now this is what i have heard, dont know how true it is;

hudson houck is set in his ways, and its a new scheme and the offensive linemen arent buying into it yet;

i think its the latter and what the rocket ishmael said after what bradie james said about brining your a game everygame, and not just show up expecting to win

rocket said that some of the dallas cowboys players were arrogant and thought that THEY WERE THE MIGHTY GREAT DALLAS COWBOYS AND JUST HAD TO SHOW UP WITH THE STAR ON THEIR HELMET AND THE COWBOYS WOULD WIN IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES OF THE GAME LIKE ROMO HAS PULLED THEM OUT IN THE PAST

i think the majority of that is on the offensive line, an arrogant attitude, and they need their rear end kicked for as many times as romo got hit, and barber didnt have any holes to run through

i dont know the text that flozell adams said, but reports were, he said the offenisve line did ok, now thats whats wrong, attitude

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
just like on cowboys roundup, a media guy said that you could read T O's lips when he was talking to gurode on the offensive line, and T O was saying tell your offenisve line to play better or I will.

that points back to leadership, want to from the offensive line, they didnt want to in that cardinal game, just like in the playoff game to giants last year and the washington game this year, the offensive line didnt want too,, or bring their A game.

juck

Reaction score
All I heard was about this Houck guy being a great coach,Im not seeing it so far.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can't put together and better team talent wise than what the Cowboys have done and thats including our OLINE.

Those guys can play if they just bring Focus and Enthusiasm.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2341693 said:
Our success the next 3 weeks with BJ depends on the O line..period.

And cutting down on penalties.

Romo can get us out of 3rd and long or just about any bad situation that presents us.

Brad Johnson can not.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Playcalling has a lot to do with it. If your o-line keeps blown away by speed rushers, throw some screens. If your QB doesn't have time to set his feet, stop calling downfield receiving tree patterns.

I'm not quite as high on Jason Garrett as the rest of you are, I just haven't seen him utilize guys to the best of their ability.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Jason Garrett is such a bad playcaller i'd sure as heck like to know who is a good one.

Hes made you scratch your head at times but he gets a little to confident with Romo and looks away from the run.

Other than that the guy is pretty stinkin good and we have came away a lot more times than not saying "damn he called a good game."

If you want to put 1 loss on the coaching put it on the Washington game. Even though I believe we played flat but the soft coverages were just so bad.

We are playing stronger coverage now. But this team is still flat. Especially Romos body language.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
juckie;2341682 said:
All I heard was about this Houck guy being a great coach,Im not seeing it so far.

I was very excited because of Houck after our first 2 games, but I don't know what has happened of late. They are playing horrible. :bang2:

Is Kyle being out hurting us that bad?

Is Flo hurting?

What is up with Gurode?

Kilyin

Reaction score
I really don't understand this trade either, honestly. Time will tell if it was the right move.

Who did the Eagles have opposite of TO when he was tearing up the league, before the wheels came off? Freddie Mitchell?

juck

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;2341862 said:
I was very excited because of Houck after our first 2 games, but I don't know what has happened of late. They are playing horrible. :bang2:

Is Kyle being out hurting us that bad?

Is Flo hurting?

What is up with Gurode?

If Kosier gets back and they still suck its HOUCK.Because they were great last year.