It's crazy to think that with Romo playing exactly like he did

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future;1905503 said:
I hate that argument. You can't really refute it...but I put absolutely no stock in the pro bowl
Kinda like when his statistics get thrown into the argument. Can't really refute those either.

Arguments against Roy really boil down to, "I think he sucks."

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1905522 said:
Kinda like when his statistics get thrown into the argument. Can't really refute those either.

Arguments against Roy really boil down to, "I think he sucks."

Very true, but the guy makes a ton of mistakes. There is a reason that our defense featured packages that had him on the bench. Nobody who isn't an every down player is gonna get much in a trade.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future;1905574 said:
Very true, but the guy makes a ton of mistakes. There is a reason that our defense featured packages that had him on the bench. Nobody who isn't an every down player is gonna get much in a trade.
We had 2 of 7 packages that had him on the bench. There were only 4 defensive players that played in all 7 packages. And those 2 packages accounted for about 5% of our defensive snaps.

So, yeah, if there's a reason that he's not on the field, then it's not a very significant reason.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1905577 said:
We had 2 of 7 packages that had him on the bench. There were only 4 defensive players that played in all 7 packages. And those 2 packages accounted for about 5% of our defensive snaps.

So, yeah, if there's a reason that he's not on the field, then it's not a very significant reason.

You are overanalyzing what I'm saying I think. I'm not trying to Roy bash, just saying that he has very low trade value.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future;1905602 said:
You are overanalyzing what I'm saying I think. I'm not trying to Roy bash, just saying that he has very low trade value.
Strong safety isn't really a position you trade for anyway. There's probably not a team in the league that would trade for Bob Sanders.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1905610 said:
Strong safety isn't really a position you trade for anyway. There's probably not a team in the league that would trade for Bob Sanders.

Idk, I'd trade Roy and a 5th:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future;1905611 said:
Idk, I'd trade Roy and a 5th:laugh2:
Spend that 5th on a backup SS, because he's about as fragile as it gets.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
sweetness0986;1905072 said:
yesterday, and either Crayton or Fasano catch those balls in the endzone, Romo would be considered a god by most right now on the forums. And the media would be saying that he can prove that no matter what he does in his personal life, he can put it aside and concentrate on football.

People wouldn't be questioning his ability like they are, and that's all without doing a single thing differently in that game. But because those balls weren't caught, he can't carry this team and it's all his fault we lost.

Absolutely. The Fasano drop was a great throw and the Crayton drop was a tremendous play. He's looking at about at least another 60 yards in passing and 2 more TD's.

What's crazy is that people harp constantly about the 1 missed pass to Owens, but if Fasano hadn't dropped the sure TD, that pass never happens.

YAKUZA

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
stealth;1905084 said:
that bugs me now too, more than ever, Roy didn't screw up and everyone is acting like he is trash and that game proved it.

It's usual on this board, hate fans like that. 1 day roy is the best next day he sucks, get realt really. I love Roy no matter what he has gave us his all period!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905622 said:
Absolutely. The Fasano drop was a great throw and the Crayton drop was a tremendous play. He's looking at about at least another 60 yards in passing and 2 more TD's.

What's crazy is that people harp constantly about the 1 missed pass to Owens, but if Fasano hadn't dropped the sure TD, that pass never happens.

YAKUZA

Give credit to Strahan(or was it Osi?)-he put some pressure on Romo which made him hurry his throw to TO.

What really concerns me though is our at times SLOW STARTS, like against the Giants. If Eli had hit a wide open Plax in the 1st qtr, the Giants would have gone up 14-0, and could have blown it wide open by then(they were controlling the game at that point).

I hope we can work on starting faster in the '08 season.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Look, obviously Romo wasn't all the problem, but he didn't exactly light it up either. As I've said in another thread, he made mistakes you would expect to see from a 2 or 3 year guy: holding the ball and giving up 30 yards in sacks, mismanaging the clock a few times, etc. True enough, his WRs dropped some balls which again obviously contributed to losing, but his passes were erratic at times as well (the duck thrown to TO...behind him and high...which would have probably been a score). The bottom line is he was no more or less responsible for the loss than any other player that played. I put equal blame on the tackling ability of our defense and the penalty machine we have become.