Video: It's not Jerry's fault. Jerry's only about 80% of the problem

Shane612

Reaction score
UNDISPUTED.
I agree with 80% of what they're saying.
Remaining 20%, I'm just giving jerry the benefit of the doubt.

They make several points that I, and several others here, have made many times.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
I would say that Booger was about 80% and Chuckles was 20%....but if Booger would hire a real GM, Chuckles wouldn't be involved, and actively padding his inheritance by shopping for FA's at Big Lots. So Booger is 100% responsible for the last quarter century's S storm in Dallas.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
UNDISPUTED.

The last 30 seconds nailed it: if Jimmy sticks around the Cowboys are the Patriots before the Patriots.

That team could've won 5 or 6 Super Bowls. They barely got three, thanks to Neil O'Donnell.

Yet we still have fans who defend Jerry after 25 years of nothing since then.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
UNDISPUTED.

That last little dig from Sharpe about how "If Jimmy had stayed ..."

So true. One disastrous quarter away from a fourpeat. Maybe simply the personal foul against Switzer away from the fourpeat. Sad.

Loso86

Reaction score
The last 30 seconds nailed it: if Jimmy sticks around the Cowboys are the Patriots before the Patriots.

That team could've won 5 or 6 Super Bowls. They barely got three, thanks to Neil O'Donnell.

Yet we still have fans who defend Jerry after 25 years of nothing since then.
Wasnt Jimmy leaving a mutual decision though?

Shane612

Reaction score
Wasnt Jimmy leaving a mutual decision though?
That was the official reason.
Jimmy Johnson wouldn't have walked away so easily from a chance of making history....3-peat...and MAYBE even a 4-peat.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Both of them were men of big egos. They became competitors in a partnership that just couldn't overcome it. It became a situation that dissolved a partnership that might have, otherwise, led to greater things. Parting was likely best for both as individuals but sadly, not so at all, for the team. :oops:

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much blame falls on many of our fans who keep buying Jerry’s snake oil, jerseys, season tix and $75 parking every Sunday? Stop buying a lousy product. You can still love the Cowboys without buying this overpriced mediocrity. Maybe the old man will look in the mirror when fans stop validating the “emperor’s new clothes”.

Thomas82

Reaction score
How much blame falls on many of our fans who keep buying Jerry’s snake oil, jerseys, season tix and $75 parking every Sunday? Stop buying a lousy product. You can still love the Cowboys without buying this overpriced mediocrity. Maybe the old man will look in the mirror when fans stop validating the “emperor’s new clothes”.

I couldn't have said it better.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't know how to build a complete team. The most complete teams were 17 and 18 since 96. Now its all down again with the defense and an aging oline.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no substitute for good management and there's no excuse for greed. The Jones' on-location product doesn't justify its excessive cost. If it weren't for TV being much more affordable, they'd really be in trouble! I'm surprised their stadium attendance hasn't suffered more than it has. They should, at least, lower their excessive fees to match an inferior product. ;)

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Jimmy was toast as in Burnt! Where did he ever last longer than 5 years? If Jimmy were a rock star he would belong to the 27 club! Bill Parcells not much different, their act only plays for so long for both themselves and their team. Love them both btw...