It's Packer Week

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Cowboys are favored by three and after last nights game I would have figured you would be favored by 10 or more. Packers new QB Aaron Rodgers has looked very good in the first two games. It will be interesting to see how he does with Dallas having two games of film on him.

I don't think the Packers defense can get to Romo. If Jim Johnsons defense can't get to him I doubt Bob Sanders defense will touch him. Against the Vikings dline, Aaron Rodgers was not touched. A 3-4 defense always gives the Packers trouble so it will be another interesting test for Rodgers.

You guys rest up and feel good today but we might have another barn burner on Sunday night. Packers have to pass, pass, pass to have a chance.

When was the last time the Cowboys won at Lambeau???

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263565 said:
Cowboys are favored by three and after last nights game I would have figured you would be favored by 10 or more. Packers new QB Aaron Rodgers has looked very good in the first two games. It will be interesting to see how he does with Dallas having two games of film on him.

I don't think the Packers defense can get to Romo. If Jim Johnsons defense can't get to him I doubt Bob Sanders defense will touch him. Against the Vikings dline, Aaron Rodgers was not touched. A 3-4 defense always gives the Packers trouble so it will be another interesting test for Rodgers.

You guys rest up and feel good today but we might have another barn burner on Sunday night. Packers have to pass, pass, pass to have a chance.

I'm not even sure that the Cowboys have ever won at Lambeau. If they have it's been a REALLY long time.

I'm nervous about this game, cause the Packers are a very good team, but not nearly as nervous as I was about the Eagles game. The Eagles, with Westbrook and McNabb, I just felt like they could match up with us better.

I think we certainly have the better overall team than the Packers, and with the way that our offense was able to do what it wanted, throwing wise, against the Eagles I really don't see how the Packers, with a much less talented secondary, is going to slow them down.

It's going to be a tough game, on the road, but I think it's one we can certainly get a W in.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I've watched both Packers games thus far (I live in Milwaukee).

Got to say: Rodgers has impressed me thus far.

circasurvive

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263565 said:

I thinks its pretty ******** to say the 3-4 gives the Packers trouble considering they have a new QB who has changed the offense and they havent played a 3-4 team this year, let alone the very small amount of 3-4 teams they played last year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263590 said:
I'm not even sure that the Cowboys have ever won at Lambeau. If they have it's been a REALLY long time.

I'm nervous about this game, cause the Packers are a very good team, but not nearly as nervous as I was about the Eagles game. The Eagles, with Westbrook and McNabb, I just felt like they could match up with us better.

I think we certainly have the better overall team than the Packers, and with the way that our offense was able to do what it wanted, throwing wise, against the Eagles I really don't see how the Packers, with a much less talented secondary, is going to slow them down.

It's going to be a tough game, on the road, but I think it's one we can certainly get a W in.

we've beaten GB at home before however it was on a different field or something along those lines not lambeau. I'm nervous Greg Jennings is a big time big play WR.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
circasurvive;2263652 said:
I thinks its pretty ******** to say the 3-4 gives the Packers trouble considering they have a new QB who has changed the offense and they havent played a 3-4 team this year, let alone the very small amount of 3-4 teams they played last year.

Packers have always had trouble against 3-4 teams. I don't know why you think that statement is ********. Maybe it was a FAvre problem and not a Packer problem. Rodgers has shown already to be smart with the ball. This will be about as good of a test for him against that defense as you can get. Hopefully he does well.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2263661 said:
we've beaten GB at home before however it was on a different field or something along those lines not lambeau. I'm nervous Greg Jennings is a big time big play WR.

I don't think there is a better group of receivers in the league. Even the 5th starter Ruvell Martin is good. Greg Jennings is a star in the making.

MrMom

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263697 said:
I don't think there is a better group of receivers in the league. Even the 5th starter Ruvell Martin is good. Greg Jennings is a star in the making.

Sick receiving core. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson? :puke:

Jennings is making my fantasy team happy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263565 said:

I see this as another hard game against a quality team and I would not over look their ability to run the ball.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263565 said:

Dallas Beat gb in milwaukee in 91 20-17.

Last time they won at lambeau was 1980 I believe, Not sure if that was in milwaukee also though..28-7.

We won in GB in 1978 also, again not sure if that was milwaukee or Green Bay though.

circasurvive

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263682 said:
Packers have always had trouble against 3-4 teams. I don't know why you think that statement is ********. Maybe it was a FAvre problem and not a Packer problem. Rodgers has shown already to be smart with the ball. This will be about as good of a test for him against that defense as you can get. Hopefully he does well.

Sorry you may not live in Green Bay and have not seen the games.

Favre played West Coast Offense but he didnt follow West Coast Offense rules. He would chuck it up, he wouldnt roll out often. Had no real mobility. He wasnt made to play against that kind of defense or play that offense.

Rodgers on the other hand has yet to start against a 3-4 team. The only time hes played it for significant time was last year against non-other than Dallas where he played very well. Rodgers was made for WCO and Favre wasnt.

From what Ive seen Rodgers would rather throw the ball short into the hands of one of his playmakers or roll out and scramble around a bit then decides to throw deep or take off. Sound familiar? One thing Ive noted is that Rodgers isnt scared of hits. Last game he rushed to the sidelines but instead of going out of bounds he ran it back inside and took a lick from a DT. His deep ball is sometimes off target and hes mostly bailed out by star reciever Greg Jennings. I believe Jennings is a top 5 reciever in the NFC. The kids fast but its his dance moves that makes him great. The kids like a greased pig anytime he gets the ball. Watch Detroit as he broke, slipped, several tackles in a row from 4 defenders.

Packers are going to look for 4 wide sets more often than the 5 wide played last year. Ruvell Martin may still be out with a broken finger. Grant will be limited to a sore hamstring giving the awful Brandon Jackson more reps. Center Scott Wells may also miss the game with a back injury which moves guard Jason Spitz to center and Darren Colledge to take his place. Another lineman, rookie guard Josh Sitton will most likely be out with a knee injury hes had since preseason.

On defense Atari Bigby injured himself last week and may play. If he doesnt Aaron Rouse will take his place, a 6'4" safety who played very poorly against detroit last year. 1st round bust of 07' Justin Harrell will be on PUP until week 6. Charles Woodson will be playing with a broken toe he played with on Sunday where he had 2 4th quarter INTs, 1 set up a TD and he scored one himself. Woodson will most likely cover TO because Al Harris cant play well against TO. Also DE pass rusher Kabeer Gbiaja Biamila will play passing downs this time around. Last year he missed the Dallas game with a knee injury.

Thats all I got.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
If Romo has the time....which I am certain he will have, he will pick apart the over-rated GB secondary. Woodson and Harris struggle against the likes of TO and get burned deep way too much. It will be a close game, but the Cowboys win this on 28-24.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2263697 said:

:laugh2:

ORLY? Says the Homer Pack Fan.

Nice Booger green glasses you got there. ;)

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Dallas;2263821 said:
:laugh2:

ORLY? Says the Homer Pack Fan.

Nice Booger green glasses you got there. ;)

Their WRs are sick.

Srsly.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
circasurvive;2263788 said:
Sorry you may not live in Green Bay and have not seen the games.

I havent missed a Green Bay telecast since the invention of the satellite dish. But as a said. THE PACKERS historicaly have not played well against a 3-4. Hopefully Rodgers will play great and the Packers will win. Hopefully Bob Sanders has an epiphany and realized Al Harris gets too riled up against TO and either puts Woodson on him or gives him some serious safety help. Either way, TO will get his completions and Harris will have at least two PIs in the game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Vintage;2263823 said:
Their WRs are sick.

Srsly.

They are. Green Bay has a deep outstanding group of wr.

Its like night and day from the eagles. We are in for a serious test.