It's time to re-sign Flozell Adams

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Two consecutive NFC East road games, and this team wins them both. In my humble opinion, Flozell Adams deserves the game ball in both wins. He has now shut down Trent Cole (9 sacks) and Osi Umenyiora (9 sacks) in both of those wins, respectively.

He's 32 years old, but as we all know, that's still young for offensive linemen. He seems to be hitting the prime of his career, and letting him go would leave a gaping hole in our offensive line.

Everyone here agree? It seems to me that we have 5 solid starters on our offensive line, and if these guys can stick together for the next three or four years, there just might be a few more trophies in the trophy case.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1760337 said:
Two consecutive NFC East road games, and this team wins them both. In my humble opinion, Flozell Adams deserves the game ball in both wins. He has now shut down Trent Cole (9 sacks) and Osi Umenyiora (9 sacks) in both of those wins, respectively.

He's 32 years old, but as we all know, that's still young for offensive linemen. He seems to be hitting the prime of his career, and letting him go would leave a gaping hole in our offensive line.

Everyone here agree? It seems to me that we have 5 solid starters on our offensive line, and if these guys can stick together for the next three or four years, there just might be a few more trophies in the trophy case.

Nothing will be done until after the season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has proven enough that he deserves a new contract. He should also make another trip to the pro bowl.

JerryFan

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1760337 said:

I agree 100%. You can't let someone as good as Flozell walk. I think Jerry and Wade both know that O-line is a huge huge part of this team. He'll get it done. Better question is this. How much will we have to pay to keep The Hotel?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
JerryFan;1760349 said:
I agree 100%. You can't let someone as good as Flozell walk. I think Jerry and Wade both know that O-line is a huge huge part of this team. He'll get it done. Better question is this. How much will we have to pay to keep The Hotel?

It will be interesting to see what other teams would be willing to offer him if he does hit the FA market. I think we will end up getting him back another year or two, just long enough to let McQuistan get ready to start.

JPM

Reaction score
I'll give him a ton of credit. 2 NFC Esat road games and he has come up huge.

Off-topic, but who here really enjoys Columbo's nasty streak ?:bow:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Wow, two good games and everyone is already forgetting all his false starts and stupid penalty. I guess when youre 8-1, you can't help but think positive. ;)

I agree that we should resign him, but I'm not sure if he's going to be asking for something ridiculous after seeing Romo get paid, I'm sure he feels at least partly responsible for Romo's success and might want to get paid accordingly. Plus this would probably be his last contract, and he's going to get a big one, most likely.

If we keep him, it'll probably be a 3+ year contract, and that means Free and Marten will likely not see the field anytime soon.

JJB500

Reaction score
JPM;1760356 said:
I'll give him a ton of credit. 2 NFC Esat road games and he has come up huge.

Off-topic, but who here really enjoys Columbo's nasty streak ?:bow:
I do too, he reminds me of Erik Williams.

Smith22

Reaction score
All comes down to money. Barber needs more money, TNew could use the void clause in his contract, and Crayton will be looking for more cash I would imagine. Adams has been playing well though and has earned the right to get paid big cash.

JPM

Reaction score
JJB500;1760384 said:
I do too, he reminds me of Erik Williams.
'cept he's a white guy....

sorry that was too easy.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Smith22;1760387 said:
All comes down to money. Barber needs more money, TNew could use the void clause in his contract, and Crayton will be looking for more cash I would imagine. Adams has been playing well though and has earned the right to get paid big cash.
The list of free agents on this team is a bit staggering, not to mention guys who would be in the last year of their contract. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't feel comfortable next year with T.O. going into the last year of his deal.

Having said that, the salary cap has been growing by leaps and bounds, there should be enough money to get it done.

Eddie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Flo may be a salary cap victim.

He's playing great, but we won't have another $10 mil lying around for him. We have younger players to take care of.

I hope JJ has learned his lesson between loyalty to aging players and dishing out long term cap killing contracts.

Smith22

Reaction score
TheSkaven;1760403 said:
The list of free agents on this team is a bit staggering, not to mention guys who would be in the last year of their contract. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't feel comfortable next year with T.O. going into the last year of his deal.

Having said that, the salary cap has been growing by leaps and bounds, there should be enough money to get it done.

Agreed. We will have to work hard to crunch the numbers and make them work.

MadCow

Reaction score
The Cowboys better pony up before the FA period begins if they intend to keep Flozell. There are some teams out there who would love to take him away to their team. In particular, the New England Patriots. Belichick barely spared a moment to shake Wade Phillips hand after the game a few weeks ago, but he made sure to give a loving pat on the back and say a few words to Flozell as they ran off the field.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It would be hard to give up someone who has held two of the top five sack leaders in check for the last two weeks. Here's hoping that Jerry and Crew can navigate through the Cap and keep this all of our productive guys for a few more years!

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I Think the Cowboys will put the Franchise tag on Adams giving Free another year of seasoning. I can also see Hamlin resigning, Barber receiving a High first round tender and JJ and Crayton walking.