Jadaveon Clowney

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lets deal for RT, and new QB, another DE, and some LBs and a new SS. Pro Bowlers at all positions is what I say. :)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Lets deal for RT, and new QB, another DE, and some LBs and a new SS. Pro Bowlers at all positions is what I say. :)

In all fairness we have 0 pro bowlers on the defensive line, and maybe 1 or 2 tops on defense overall.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
In all fairness we have 0 pro bowlers on the defensive line, and maybe 1 or 2 tops on defense overall.

My point was, except for his injuries. Why would the Texans want to trade him? (well injuries and the fact that he has the intellect of a custodial arts engineer)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
My point was, except for his injuries. Why would the Texans want to trade him? (well injuries and the fact that he has the intellect of a custodial arts engineer)

because he's going into the final year of his deal, they'll pick up the 5th year I'm sure, but his cost would be around 12.75 million and they may believe he may be more valuable as a trade chip than as a player. I personally don't think he fits a 3-4 very well, and some of the Texans fans online believe that he plays well in JJ Watt's spot, where he can move along the d-line, but not as well with him. If he isn't a guy that they would sign long term, dealing a 2017 2nd + a 2018 conditional pick may be enough, may take an 1st in 2017, but depending on where we pick, may be more appealing than the DEs that are projected to be available.

haleyrules

Reaction score
He seems a bit of an injury waiting to happen. Anyway,he can't play for the Cowboys unless he smokes pòt AND ìs injured. One out of two doesn't qualify. He must at least get arrested for something before Jerry would have a look at him,,

speedkilz88

Reaction score
because he's going into the final year of his deal, they'll pick up the 5th year I'm sure, but his cost would be around 12.75 million and they may believe he may be more valuable as a trade chip than as a player. I personally don't think he fits a 3-4 very well, and some of the Texans fans online believe that he plays well in JJ Watt's spot, where he can move along the d-line, but not as well with him. If he isn't a guy that they would sign long term, dealing a 2017 2nd + a 2018 conditional pick may be enough, may take an 1st in 2017, but depending on where we pick, may be more appealing than the DEs that are projected to be available.
So far he has 2 sks this season after 4.5 last season. Don't see him at this point getting that 5th year option for 2018 or the Texans getting those draft picks either. He probably does need a fresh start but he just doesn't have a lot of value at this point.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I like how people say "I wouldn't mind dealing for player x" with no regard that the other team has to agree to the trade, and the fact that trades rarely even happen in the NFL. Which is it he's either terrible and we shouldn't want him (which I've heard people argue) or someone the Texans should want to hold onto, it can't be both.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hasn't had a sack in 3 games. Seems to be good against the run, but that's not what he was drafted for and I would I'd only grab him once he's off that rookie contract.