Jags owner saying "build through the draft" sounds familiar to the Cowboys motto

Flamma

Reaction score
There are probably only about 5-6 teams that are all in every year. Most teams don't do much but build through the draft. Then you have some that strike when the opportunity presents itself. But otherwise are usually passive.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-ow...-we-cannot-have-this-addiction-to-free-agents

Mods i'm sorry this is about another team, but this relates to the Cowboys so much in how we want to "build through the draft" and not spend so much through free agency. Got to develop your own talent I guess these days. Please give your thoughts on how this relates
The idea of building through the draft is not all bad. If a team frequently has good draft positions it has it's advantages. But for the Cowboys commonly picking late kills some of those advantages. This last time we picked what, 23rd? If you need a lot of help, if you don't use free agency at times, you're going to short yourself on talent, which is exactly what we've done.

John813

Reaction score
It's not wise to always be big spenders in FA.

I think most teams want to use free agency as a supplement and not the main course for talent additions.
But easier said than done.