JaMarcus Russell fired as high school coach, accused of stealing donation to the school

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This guy..........

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-coach-accused-of-stealing-donation-to-school

JaMarcus Russell out as high school football coach, accused of stealing donation to school​

Published June 29, 2024 04:12 AM

Former No. 1 NFL draft pick JaMarcus Russell has been removed from the coaching staff at the high school he attended in Mobile, Alabama, and is facing a lawsuit accusing him of taking money meant as a donation to the school.

JaMarcus Russell was relieved of his volunteer coaching duties at Williamson High School during the fall of last year,” Mobile County Public School officials told WKRG Sports.

Russell is also facing a lawsuit alleging that he took a $74,000 check intended as a donation to the school and kept the money for himself. Chris Knowles, a local business owner who wrote the check, says Russell approached him about a donation to help the Williamson High School football team purchase weight room equipment, and Knowles gave Russell the donation by check. But the school allegedly never got any of that money, and Russell reportedly deposited it in a credit union and promptly withdrew $55,000 of that.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He was drafted before the rookie salary limits; not sure how much he got but it was a lot.
Now he does this.
Really not a lot to say, is there?

Flamma

Reaction score
He was drafted before the rookie salary limits; not sure how much he got but it was a lot.
Now he does this.
Really not a lot to say, is there?
I think it was something ridiculous for that time. Like 60 million. Apparently he's broke.

Flamma

Reaction score
arguably about the biggest first pick bust ever.
Not even arguably. If we're talking just 1st overall picks, it has to be him. I went back to 1983 and couldn't find a bigger bust. There were some names I didn't recognize, but a bust at DT or LB doesn't hold as much weight as a QB that you paid over 60M before taking a single snap.

I remember watching his first game and the commentators gushing over him. He proceeded to look terrible. He quit the second he got paid.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Not even arguably. If we're talking just 1st overall picks, it has to be him. I went back to 1983 and couldn't find a bigger bust. There were some names I didn't recognize, but a bust at DT or LB doesn't hold as much weight as a QB that you paid over 60M before taking a single snap.

I remember watching his first game and the commentators gushing over him. He proceeded to look terrible. He quit the second he got paid.
I did not go back past the 90's so that was why I put the arguably in. I guess if you went all the way back to 1932 to the present you might find worse but when you factor in the Cap money wasted on him its pretty hard to find as bad

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This guy..........

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-coach-accused-of-stealing-donation-to-school

JaMarcus Russell out as high school football coach, accused of stealing donation to school​

Published June 29, 2024 04:12 AM

Former No. 1 NFL draft pick JaMarcus Russell has been removed from the coaching staff at the high school he attended in Mobile, Alabama, and is facing a lawsuit accusing him of taking money meant as a donation to the school.

JaMarcus Russell was relieved of his volunteer coaching duties at Williamson High School during the fall of last year,” Mobile County Public School officials told WKRG Sports.

Russell is also facing a lawsuit alleging that he took a $74,000 check intended as a donation to the school and kept the money for himself. Chris Knowles, a local business owner who wrote the check, says Russell approached him about a donation to help the Williamson High School football team purchase weight room equipment, and Knowles gave Russell the donation by check. But the school allegedly never got any of that money, and Russell reportedly deposited it in a credit union and promptly withdrew $55,000 of that.
What a bust he was and still is.