Jamie Dukes NFL network says Romo tough situation as QB in 2008

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
nfl network was just on, and jamie dukes just said that Tony Romo has the toughest situation in 2008 as QB, because the Cowboys have everything in place to go to the superbowl, and now its on Romo.

Went on to say while showing film of barber in plays running, with addiition of mike jenkins a number one pick added to hamlin etc, along with felix jones a number one pick, and showing film of these guys in action, along with T O, Sam Hurd in playing action, that to him Romo was the QB in tough situation to win.

Other nfl analyst said Rodgers, thought you fans would want to know, coming up, cowboys training camp in FSN, should start by 10:30 tonight, since rangers lost,

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2169609 said:
nfl network was just on, and jamie dukes just said that Tony Romo has the toughest situation in 2008 as QB, because the Cowboys have everything in place to go to the superbowl, and now its on Romo.

Went on to say while showing film of barber in plays running, with addiition of mike jenkins a number one pick added to hamlin etc, along with felix jones a number one pick, and showing film of these guys in action, along with T O, Sam Hurd in playing action, that to him Romo was the QB in tough situation to win.

Other nfl analyst said Rodgers, thought you fans would want to know, coming up, cowboys training camp in FSN, should start by 10:30 tonight, since rangers lost,

Jamie Dukes clothes maybe too tight and he is losing oxygen to his head.

Hey Dukes, it takes 53 men to play well, not one guy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jamie Dukes is an annoying imbecile.

He is one of those "analysts" that thinks if he shouts louder, he is right.

wileedog

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2169609 said:

Because it clearly makes your job harder when you add more talent to the team.

Thanks Einstein.

fRESH88

Reaction score
jamie dukes is a the joke of the NFL network. He likes the boys a whole lot much more then the other host but i cant stand his show.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would think it would be Tom Brady after that superbowl fiasco.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
NFL Network is a joke. You have all these little goons like Adam Shefter running around, calling in with choppy phone lines. Then you have Jamie Dukes, who looks like he ate Adam Shefter bigging up the Atlanta Falcons whenever he can, and whats worse, they don't even have any bombshells giving us breaking news updates, the girls blow and so does the coverage.

And in Canada, you order the NFL Network, and you don't get the games on it, they get played on TSN. So I've been kicking myself for months wondering, why do I blow money on this trash?

end rant.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
I dont know if it's pressure on Romo to go to the SB, but he defintely can't finish the 2008 season with a 0-3 record as a starting QB in the postseason. Would not look good

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
ARRRGGG <Zaxor steps on soapbox>

Funny how it is always kill the messenger.

Dukes is entitled to his opinion as you yours.

You can either choose to believe it or not.

Far too often with the media or with our own posters even, when they have a different opinion they are a idiot.

Come on we are better than that.

Attack the message not the messenger.

<Zaxor steps off the soapbox>

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2169722 said:
Why would it be Tom Brady and he has 3 rings?

Because the Patriots are suppossed to win every single year. They are the NFL's favored mistress. They have Goodell's favor (even requested from him that they play their four away games on the west coast back to back and at two seperate times of the year and the Commisioner said sure :-\ ). Spygate will still be out there since they are now 0-2 in Superbowls without the benefit of cheating. And the performance he gave was not that outstanding. Brady will be in a tough spot this year. Of course I believe that if any quarterback can handle it, Brady can.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
People complain about the media is against the Cowboys and then when a person like Dukes who actually like the Cowboys this year people complain about that too. :banghead: Good lord people lighten up. It is his opinion. He also was asked what was the most exciting thing he was looking forward to this season and he said the Cowboys.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2169897 said:
Because the Patriots are suppossed to win every single year. They are the NFL's favored mistress. They have Goodell's favor (even requested from him that they play their four away games on the west coast back to back and at two seperate times of the year and the Commisioner said sure :-\ ). Spygate will still be out there since they are now 0-2 in Superbowls without the benefit of cheating. And the performance he gave was not that outstanding. Brady will be in a tough spot this year. Of course I believe that if any quarterback can handle it, Brady can.

I'm still confused because BRADY gave his team the lead late in the game to go up 14-10. It was the PATS DEFENSE that allowed the Giants to drive down and score.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with Dukes when nothing short of a SB is expected out of the Cowboys and if we don't get it who do you think is going to catch the most heat? He did say that Romo is not in danger of losing his job like Jackson in Minn. who may be on a short leash but there is no doubt the high expectations that Romo is being put under even by many at this sight.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2169609 said:

He'll change his opinion once he hears Hurd speak.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2169918 said:
I agree with Dukes when nothing short of a SB is expected out of the Cowboys and if we don't get it who do you think is going to catch the most heat? He did say that Romo is not in danger of losing his job like Jackson in Minn. who may be on a short leash but there is no doubt the high expectations that Romo is being put under even by many at this sight.

Romo will be re-evaluated as the franchise QB if he doesn't get a playoff win this season.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2169908 said:
I'm still confused because BRADY gave his team the lead late in the game to go up 14-10. It was the PATS DEFENSE that allowed the Giants to drive down and score.

I didn't say he played poorly, but he didn't put up the usual numbers he was putting up in the regular season... just like one Tony Romo.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2170012 said:
I didn't say he played poorly, but he didn't put up the usual numbers he was putting up in the regular season... just like one Tony Romo.

In Brady's case it doesn't matter because he has accomplised so much. Romo on the otherhand is still a question as the cowboys franchise QB