Jansen dinged - we can BREAK him

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Commanders | Jansen Upgraded to Probable
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:03:14 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders ORT Jon Jansen (thumbs) was upgraded to probable Thursday, Sept. 15, and practiced during the day. He is sporting soft casts on both hands due to having two broken thumbs.

Commanders | Clark Practicing
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:02:53 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders S Ryan Clark (knee) practiced Thursday, Sept. 15, and is expected to be available for Week 2.

Commanders | Clemons Practicing
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:02:40 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders LB Chris Clemons (hamstring) practiced Thursday, Sept. 15, and is expected to play during Week 2.

Commanders | Hall Injury Update
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:02:02 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders PK John Hall (quad) did not practice again Thursday, Sept. 15, but said his injury is improving.

Commanders | Byrd Signed to Practice Squad
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:01:36 -0700

Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports the Washington Commanders have signed DB Charles Byrd to their practice squad.

Get our Big 3-4 Ends Canty and Ware on him and send Ware off the edge!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
maybe somebody that taped the game or remembers can say, but I dont recall Ware lining up on the left side any against San Diego

this would seem like a good time to move him around, since Jansen is going to be limited to what he can do with his hands and the left side would be Brunell's blind side

David

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm ready to start the early season demise of the foreskins....they've lived in fantasyland too long with this victory over the Bares, its time for them to come back to reality with a 20 point loss to America's Team, a loss which sends them into the downward spiral their destined to experience this season.
Lose to us on Monday night, and they are almost assured of no more than a 5-6 win season. They may have a chance against the Seahawks and Broncos after us, but then they'll start racking up the losses. Fans will call for the head of Gibbs by November.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
maybe somebody that taped the game or remembers can say, but I dont recall Ware lining up on the left side any against San Diego

this would seem like a good time to move him around, since Jansen is going to be limited to what he can do with his hands and the left side would be Brunell's blind side

David

Ware did line up on the left some, as a matter of fact Glover got his sack because Ware stunted to the inside and the O guard left Glover to pick up Ware allowing Glover a clear path to Brees.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I'm sorry but how does someone break both thumbs but no other fingers? DId he get them in one of those finger lock toys and not smart enough to figure out how to get them out or something?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs said:
Ware did line up on the left some, as a matter of fact Glover got his sack because Ware stunted to the inside and the O guard left Glover to pick up Ware allowing Glover a clear path to Brees.
You are right I didn't even realize that but Ware was on the Left on that play...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Critical game -

If we can win Monday night we are 2-0 going into San Fran. A team that is what it is - and a teamBledsoe put a 40 spot on last year. 3-0 Would be sweet.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Jansen won't be limited. If he can play, watch out! He may pull a Kevin Mawae, and use those things as clubs.

Smith22

Reaction score
Yes, Ware did line up on more than one side during the game.

Jansen is tough, but the injury has to hurt him some. At least we know he shouldn't be able to do much holding.:laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I just saw him on a DC station. He has two HUGE casts on both hands. If he can play like that, more power to him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wow... I talked about how we should be able to get pressure on Jansen's side the same day he broke his thumb.

You're only 4 days late with this, Nors. That's two weeks in a row you do soemthing like this days after I had already mentioned it. You're a genius.

NMfan

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I'm sorry but how does someone break both thumbs but no other fingers? DId he get them in one of those finger lock toys and not smart enough to figure out how to get them out or something?
:lmao2:

That was funny. I once had a kid in school stand on his desk and put on the finger cuffs over a ceiling tile bar. He was on his toes and could not get slack to release them. He was crying when we all left him in the room after the bell rang. Man, I pulled some mean pranks on people.

He was a bully so I guess he deserved it. :nono2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

I came real close to breaking a thumb once and it it would of broke, none of my fingers would of been broken with it.

We had a FG blocked in highschool, I was running full speed at the guy when he cut upfield at the last second, he juked another of our players, and I ended up tripping over that player (at full speed). I put my hand in the ground to try and stop myself so I can get up and chase the ******* down, but my thumb was the only part of my hand to actually touch the ground. Bent it about as far back as it could go. Sprained the hell out of it, but it didn't break. I think a break wouldn't of hurt as much.

Anyway, that ******* finally got tackled. We lost the game 7-0 eventhough we reached the redzone 4 times and they only reached the redzone once. I only got 2 carries in that game (for 35 yards) and neither of those carries occured in the redzone. Apparantly our coach thought it would be a good idea to pass with our first year on varsity sophomore QB when we got in the redzone (and that QB is one of the biggest pansies I've ever come across).

Yes, that coach was a moron.

Reaction score
Yep, its easy to "just break your thumbs" playing football...
I have also mentioned how to attack the Skins via Jensen's & Brunell's Blind side...Lets see alot of stunts to that side...

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nors said:
Get our Big 3-4 Ends Canty and Ware on him and send Ware off the edge!
If he is their Right tackle Canty and Ware (most of the time) will be on the opposite end of the line. But Spears and Ellis should be able to do some good with him; especially if we have Fujita in the game to go behind them.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
If he is their Right tackle Canty and Ware (most of the time) will be on the opposite end of the line. But Spears and Ellis should be able to do some good with him; especially if we have Fujita in the game to go behind them.

Get our Big 3-4 Ends Canty and Ware on him and send Ware off the edge![/QUOTE]

Meant Spears obviously (Big 3-4 DE's), good catch

ravidubey

Reaction score
So you expect Jansen to forget all professional pride and let a bunch of Cowboy rookies roll him? This is a pro bowl OT and Washington despite its weaknesses when compared with San Diego is still a professional football team, and we all know the psychology of the Dallas Cowboys-- the 'Boys always underestimate opponents and tend to arrogantly let winning get to their heads. Parcells biggest battle will be to keep us ready and make winning a habit. Jimmy Johnson was able to overcome this weakness in the makeup of Cowboy teams; I hope Big Bill can too.

Make no mistake; Washington is poised to strike Dallas down if the Cowboys let them. They have weapons in Moss and Portis to score at any time and steady players like Brunell and Cooley to move the football. On defense they are stout against the run but may have trouble applying pressure while defending the pass. If we screw up and turn the ball over because we are over confident and not concentrating it is going to be a long night.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
So you expect Jansen to forget all professional pride and let a bunch of Cowboy rookies roll him? This is a pro bowl OT and Washington despite its weaknesses when compared with San Diego is still a professional football team, and we all know the psychology of the Dallas Cowboys-- the 'Boys always underestimate opponents and tend to arrogantly let winning get to their heads. Parcells biggest battle will be to keep us ready and make winning a habit. Jimmy Johnson was able to overcome this weakness in the makeup of Cowboy teams; I hope Big Bill can too.

Make no mistake; Washington is poised to strike Dallas down if the Cowboys let them. They have weapons in Moss and Portis to score at any time and steady players like Brunell and Cooley to move the football. On defense they are stout against the run but may have trouble applying pressure while defending the pass. If we screw up and turn the ball over because we are over confident and not concentrating it is going to be a long night.
This psychology problem will not apply only against Washington; this is a battle we will fight regardless of the opponent when we start winning. Parcells will have to keep them straight against all of their opponents this year not just Washington; especially if we are winning.

However, as far as the subject of this thread goes (a weakness at one position due to injury) I don't think anyone expects Jansen to "let a bunch of Cowboy rookies roll him." I think we believe that our "bunch of rookies" have a great deal of talent and expect that they would give him a tough time regardless of his health. Therefore, with him having two broken thumbs and thus being limited to some degree that they should be able to do very well against him by exploiting whatever difficulties this presents for him.