Jared Odrick cut

Verdict

Reaction score
I know this guy was listed in a lot of CZ mocks back in the day. I hear he was glad to get cut and wanting to get paid.

Salary cap implications aside is he a player who could help us and how would he fit in with our 4-3?

negativecreep

Reaction score
I remember we were somewhat interested when he came out of Penn State, but I don't like him fitting in this defense. He was built to play in a 34.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow.

Can't imagine he'll be in the league a whole lot longer.

Doesn't produce and doesn't seem very passionate about the game.

Definitely don't want him anywhere near our squad.

That's exactly what I saw.

I think that this guy is in for a rude awakening.

And it says a lot to me when one of the first things that Tom Coughlin and the new regime do is to be rid of this guy as soon as they can.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yup. spends offseason in Canada because the US has a gun culture. I guess, he doesn't mind spending time in the US during the season when he is getting paid. The so called gun culture of the US is only a problem in the offseason. Money trumps ideology I guess.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

I think without a doubt Ordrick can have an impact as a DT for the Cowboys. (the question is, do we have a place for him and at his price? Most likely not) As for his believes and how he feels about things, that's irrelevant. He will be paid to play football. If that's what he does. Then he gets paid for it. If he excels at it, he gets pay well for it. So far, this kid has shown he has real talent. More than most DT and 3-4 DEs in this league. (and yes, he was high on my list during the draft)

You know, people shouldn't worry about what other people like or want if it doesn't affect them. If you want to go to church or if you don't believe in that stuff. I certainly don't give a you know what. If you want to play football and you're very good at it. Then, get on the field and play. Just don't preach your bull**** to everyone. You aren't being paid to do that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think without a doubt Ordrick can have an impact as a DT for the Cowboys. (the question is, do we have a place for him and at his price? Most likely not) As for his believes and how he feels about things, that's irrelevant. He will be paid to play football. If that's what he does. Then he gets paid for it. If he excels at it, he gets pay well for it. So far, this kid has shown he has real talent. More than most DT and 3-4 DEs in this league. (and yes, he was high on my list during the draft)

You know, people shouldn't worry about what other people like or want if it doesn't affect them. If you want to go to church or if you don't believe in that stuff. I certainly don't give a you know what. If you want to play football and you're very good at it. Then, get on the field and play. Just don't preach your bull**** to everyone. You aren't being paid to do that.

Fine, you get your hopes up for him.

My own vote is a big "No!"
:thumbdown:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Fine, you get your hopes up for him.

My own vote is a big "No!"
:thumbdown:

As noted in my original post, I don't think we have a place for him. I think if anything he would be a great 3-tech for us, but we've got enough here without paying $8M+ more per season for another one. I do believe he is better that anything we have on staff though. Problem is, they are under contract already and cheaper. We just have to say, okay. The timing is wrong.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As noted in my original post, I don't think we have a place for him. I think if anything he would be a great 3-tech for us, but we've got enough here without paying $8M+ more per season for another one. I do believe he is better that anything we have on staff though. Problem is, they are under contract already and cheaper. We just have to say, okay. The timing is wrong.

You can say that the timing is wrong.

I'll say the guy is an ******* headcase who doesn't seem to care about football other than to get a big, fat paycheck and I don't want him anywhere near my favorite team.

And if he likes Canada so much, they have their own football up there, so he doesn't need to come back at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You can say that the timing is wrong.

I'll say the guy is an ******* headcase who doesn't seem to care about football other than to get a big, fat paycheck and I don't want him anywhere near my favorite team.

And if he likes Canada so much, they have their own football up there, so he doesn't need to come back at all.

I see, FBJ

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see, FBJ

You're free to think whatever you want, but then again, so am I. You want to paint the guy as some victim, when, in fact, it looks like he's causing everything himself.

And while you choose to ignore the fact that his current team - flush with cash - couldn't wait to get rid of him, it speaks loudly to me.

Do not want.