Jason Garrett Offensive offense

playmakers

Reaction score
Our offense has no creativity any more. Its either we run in a 2 or 3 te set or we pass in a 3 wr set. And, I cant forget, the old fake throw handoff in which I like. Must give some credit to him for that one. That pretty much sums our offense up. Where has been the creativity this year??? Does anybody remember this quote from Garrett during Hard Knocks

" Last year I let you guys go when a team had an extra man in the box or db in the secondary, well, this year f that, were running our offense no matter what coverage their in"

That wasnt word for word but close. I hope he isnt on a power trip and running the same plays over and over again with the opportunity of success rate being very poor. If the play didnt work last year against certain schemes why do you think it would work this year with the same personel??? We do run alot in 3 te's this season (moreso than I can remember) and that puts everybody at the line of scrimmage. Not only that it seems were in it to start the game and always on first down. With that quote it concerns me that he's following through. I hope he understands that if the defense has 9 guys in the box, and we only have 8, that your chances of success are decreased. Every time we start the game in that set or throughout its like we keep running into a brick wall.

Moving to our passing game !!!! I can call almost all of our routes almost to a certain. Owens lines up wide and either runs a post or he runs an 8 yard stop/comeback. Every play it seems, and he gets taken out. Its like he gives up before the game even starts and says "ok, you take your 2 guys and cover him all the way over there while ill look for mismatches on the other 80 percent of the field." We lose our best player and try to win the game with average players like Crayton, Austin, etc. Witten(whose not avearge) really benfits from it but our offense as a whole doesnt. Even though we still put up a ton of points everyone knows that has been decieving recently. Our offense has been sputtering ever since the Packer game.

As much as people love/hate Owens I do have to agree with him when he says when he doesnt get the ball this offense sputters. The last 3-4 games are prime examples. When he gets the ball theres just alot of emotion that seems to spread to the entire team. When he doesnt the team appears lackluster. Last year Garrett moved him around and put him in the slot, backfield, motion and even at te on the goaline. Theres just no creativity this year with our catalyst. Its like were running an offense out of his quote and we keep getting frustrated by running into brick walls.

My real quick fix would be the following:

I put Owens in the slot and run the Denver Bronco fake hand off boot and have Owens run behind the offensive line and hit him for like a 5-7 yard gain and get the team some jump. Our problem is we always try to get him the ball down the field and its just not going to be there alot of times. He has no yac this year because hes always outside reciever running deep patterns. The 7 yard stops Witten always runs in the middle should go to Owens because of his YAC ability.

Just some food for thought

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Just some food for thought
Some food, eh?
Well, this post is a home style knee-jerk chicken blue plate special reaction. Not too tasty.

Owens is in the slot some. Garrett is not on a power trip.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
You really have to question the Boy Wonder if he can't make the adjustment to get TO the ball after 3 games. Heck, I really have to question his offensive genius after his inability to adjust his gameplan after TO getting shutdown in 2 straight games.

Reaction score
Garrett's playcalling has been overrated by everyone here..

Why he doesnt put his best player in a postion to make a play just baffles me.. leave TO in the slot and watch him own. Work the middle of the field and do what he does best.

jwhardin

Reaction score
What I've have noticed or have noticed in my on feeble mind, is the lack of Romo moving in the pocket. He justs seems so stationary back there this year, less roll outs. I don't know if it's the things he worked on or something JG has him doing, but he's not moving and making plays like before. Does it seem like the offense has gotten more sluggish since Anderson got health.