Jason Peters Status?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Last year, Jerry Jones said Peters would be back. But he never said whether that would be as an assistant or player. If I recall, you cannot be both a coach and player. But you can be a player who can coach. So we'll see how that goes, I guess.

Will he be back at all? If anything, he can provide depth. The question is which is more valuable, experience for young guys or veteran depth?

There's also the possibility that Peters can come in as an offensive line, position coach. I would like to see that happen, at the very least. He brought value to our unit last year.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Last year, Jerry Jones said Peters would be back. But he never said whether that would be as an assistant or player. If I recall, you cannot be both a coach and player. But you can be a player who can coach. So we'll see how that goes, I guess.

Will he be back at all? If anything, he can provide depth. The question is which is more valuable, experience for young guys or veteran depth?

There's also the possibility that Peters can come in as an offensive line, position coach. I would like to see that happen, at the very least. He brought value to our unit last year.
Jerry knows at some point Tyron will get hurt and that is when Peters will be back.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Peters is done. As soon as he got real snaps last season, he was injured.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's the kind of guy you sign after Week 1 so his contract isn't guaranteed.

Plus, at his age he has no real desire to go through Training Camp.

giphy.gif