Jason Taylor has to want off that rebuilding team

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think that along with a CB and S.... we could use Jason Taylor. I wonder what it would take to get him from Bill.

In this defense he would get new life and be a difference maker.

Hamlin QB'ing the deep secondary and Taylor QB'ing the middle to the line.

In essence. We need smart players. He is a start.

Duane

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know if he gives us much mroe than Ellis or Spencer do right now. And adding him only stunts Spencer's growth more because he'd see the field less with Ellis and Taylor in front of him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I think our front seven is pretty good. I'm not sure we even need him. If anything, it's the secondary that needs help.

Plus, he is on the backside of his career. I would rather get Spencer more experience.

superpunk

Reaction score
The only thing I like about the Taylor possibility is that he brings a fire that noone on this team can even come close to matching.

Unfortunately, he showed a little less of that fire this year, because frankly for most of the season, he was absolutely terrible.

If he was willing to come play for a modest contract, I'd see no problem with it. He'd likely spell Ware and be used in pass rushing situations like we've trotted out the packages with Spencer, Ellis and Ware this year. He can also make some plays in coverage, very athletic still.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1910434 said:
I think that along with a CB and S.... we could use Jason Taylor. I wonder what it would take to get him from Bill.

I heard Parcells plans on keeping Taylor. As you said he is a smart player and BP is going to need guys like that as they bring in younger players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Too old, and where does he play? We already have Ware, Ellis, and Spencer.

The last thing we need to do is make dumb desperation trades right now. That would be shades of Jerry circa 2000.

notherbob

Reaction score
I must be getting old; somehow, I find myself caring less each year what Jerrah does with his team. Just me, I'm sure.
:eek::

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Duane;1910443 said:
Honestly I don't know if he gives us much mroe than Ellis or Spencer do right now. And adding him only stunts Spencer's growth more because he'd see the field less with Ellis and Taylor in front of him.
well put. I think bringing in a guy like Ray Lewis would be better. Even if he give sus no more output than Ayodele, his leadership and fire would be a major upgrade.

ologan

Reaction score
EPL0c0;1910580 said:
well put. I think bringing in a guy like Ray Lewis would be better. Even if he give sus no more output than Ayodele, his leadership and fire would be a major upgrade.

Sorta like what the Patriots have done bringing in old players,i.e. Seau,and others? Nice depth!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1910450 said:
I heard Parcells plans on keeping Taylor. As you said he is a smart player and BP is going to need guys like that as they bring in younger players.

He has got to be smart enough to know that staying with the Dolphins is a sure waste of whats left in his tank, no?

Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Taylor - our very own 4 Aces ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;1910434 said:

Not only we're set on the DL, but we have DEPTH.

A firey leader would be GREAT, but I don't think we have room for Taylor here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1910896 said:
He has got to be smart enough to know that staying with the Dolphins is a sure waste of whats left in his tank, no?

Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Taylor - our very own 4 Aces ;)

I'm just saying what I heard was the Parcells wants Taylor to stay in Miami and I think Taylor will finish his career in Miami.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;1910898 said:
Not only we're set on the DL, but we have DEPTH.

A firey leader would be GREAT, but I don't think we have room for Taylor here.

How set are we?
Ellis is year to year with his tissue box and tips jar.
Spencer is good... but we dont know yet?

Ware needs help.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Parcells loves old veterans that are/were dominant players.

Parcells loves pass rushing DE's/LBers.

Taylor is stuck in Miami.

montgod

Reaction score
Duane;1910443 said:

That's when you trade Ellis and another Parcells player for Taylor. Spencer starts and we all know that Taylor is a better player then Ellis.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ellis is gone...swapping the two wouldn't totally bother me I suppose.

sago1

Reaction score
Doubt Ellis will be gone. He and Spencer combined with Ware give us a good pass rush and we protected if one of them gets hurt. If Ellis is traded/cut, then we've got only Spencer & Ware and if one goes down there goes our pass rush.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1911776 said:
Doubt Ellis will be gone. He and Spencer combined with Ware give us a good pass rush and we protected if one of them gets hurt. If Ellis is traded/cut, then we've got only Spencer & Ware and if one goes down there goes our pass rush.

I agree. I don't see the Cowboys cutting him and if not mistaken it would be too costly cap wise to trade him.