Jason Whitlock's take on Owens versus McNabb: Positive Cowboy mention?!?!?

jem88

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
What is Trotter's contract status? I saw Parcells talking to him after the game...I love the way he plays...
I like Trotter and wouldn't mind having him but I honestly can't see how he has a right to be bitter towards the Eagles. He made the choice to go for the big money, failed miserably, and then came back to the Eagles. I didn't see any other teams throwing big contract offers at him, but it wasn't like he was forced to go back to Philly. Teams are damned if they do (ie. slapping the Franchise tag on a player) and damned if they don't (letting him walk and get a better deal with another team.) The Eagles didn't do too badly without Trotter, so it's fairly obvious that he needed them more than they needed him.

jem88

Reaction score
I also fail to see how Owens 'validated' Limbaugh's comments about McNabb. Perhaps Owens agrees with what Limbaugh said (although I've yet to hear Owens bring up any racial issues regarding McNabb) but he hardly validated the comments. They appear no less assinine now than they did when that idiot said them two years ago.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Limbaugh's point was that McNabb got the right amount of praise when he did well but not enough scorn when he did not. In other words, favoritism from white, elite, sportswriters and outright devotion from scribes like Mike Wilbon, who unapologetically refers to McNabb as "my boy."

Columnist Steve Sailer:

I sometimes wonder what it must be like to be a blind football fan today and have to rely on sportswriters rather than your own eyes.

You'd probably assume, from scanning hundreds of impassioned columns over the years, that the only racial imbalance at any position in the history of the NFL has been at quarterback, where blacks had been grievously discriminated against until very recently.

You would almost certainly have never read that, at the second most glamorous position, tailback (the main ball carrier), none of the 64 starters and second-teamers was white at the start of the 2004 season.

Similarly, you'd never hear that not one of the 64 starting cornerbacks in the NFL is white.

Why do sportswriters almost never mention what everybody can see with their own eyes?

My theory: sportswriters suffer from an inferiority complex. They worry that hard news journalists snicker at them for spending their days hanging around locker rooms, trying to extract usable quotes from men with necks thicker than their heads.

Hence sportswriters tend to be the most fervent exponents of the Mainstream Media's liberal party line.

Back in the 1970s, the Washington Post's sportswriters drove out of town George Allen, the Hall of Fame coach of the Washington Commanders (and father of Senator George Allen Jr. (R-Va), the potential 2008 Presidential candidate), because Allen reminded them of Richard Nixon. Vanquishing him made the sportswriters feel like Woodward and Bernstein.

Today, sportswriters fear that the patterns of profound racial inequality so visible every weekend on televised sports offend the MSM’s reigning pieties.

They feel they have to be the purest of the pure in what they dare to acknowledge.

jem88

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Hence sportswriters tend to be the most fervent exponents of the Mainstream Media's liberal party line.
God here we go with the 'liberal media bias' nonsense. Sounds like you've been reading too much Anne Coulter.

jem88

Reaction score
I apologize in advance before I get a reprimand from BP for bringing up politics. Sorry BP!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
If you don't think most sportswriters are as liberal as their newsroom counterparts, then you don't get out much. Burying your head in the sand won't change this unpleasant fact.

jem88

Reaction score
bbgun said:
If you don't think most sportswriters are as liberal as their newsroom counterparts, then you don't get out much. Burying your head in the sand won't change this unpleasant fact.
Fox News is fairly mainstream and they are anything but liberal and I don't find CNN or any of the other stations to be that 'liberal' either (god I hate annoying labels like that!) I don't recall anyone asking the hard, necessary questions prior to the Iraq invasion. Only now that it's safe to criticize the administration, do we hear any dissenting views on the news. Likewise, I remember Clinton getting heavily scrutinized in all areas of the media during the Lewinski affair (which was small potatoes when compared to the missing WMD, the Valerie Plame affair, and the non-signing of the anti-torture agreement, to name but a few hot-button issues.)

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
bbgun said:

I think the sportswriters for my local paper, the VA Pilot, are liberal in their love for the Commanders and conservative on writing nice stories on the Cowboys.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
jem88 said:
Fox News is fairly mainstream and they are anything but liberal and I don't find CNN or any of the other stations to be that 'liberal' either (god I hate annoying labels like that!) I don't recall anyone asking the hard, necessary questions prior to the Iraq invasion. Only now that it's safe to criticize the administration, do we hear any dissenting views on the news. Likewise, I remember Clinton getting heavily scrutinized in all areas of the media during the Lewinski affair (which was small potatoes when compared to the missing WMD, the Valerie Plame affair, and the non-signing of the anti-torture agreement, to name but a few hot-button issues.)

LOL. When Bush gets impeached like Clinton, that's when you can throw Bubba's "minor" crimes in my face. Cheers.

jem88

Reaction score
bbgun said:
LOL. When Bush gets impeached like Clinton, that's when you can throw Bubba's "minor" crimes in my face. Cheers.
Throwing it in your face? First off, you seem to be taking things a bit personally. Secondly, impeachment or not, getting it on with an intern is nowhere near as bad as waging a war on shaky (being generous here) WMD claims.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Limbaugh's point....
No, Limbaugh's point was that the media built up McNabb to make black QBs look legit. Which was a slap in the face to McNabb, McNair, Moon, Cunningham, Williams, etc.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Throwing it in your face? First off, you seem to be taking things a bit personally. Secondly, impeachment or not, getting it on with an intern is nowhere near as bad as waging a war on shaky (being generous here) WMD claims.

Hmm, I always thought that Saddam shooting at our fighters in the no fly zone numerous times since the first Gulf War violated the terms that were set in place after that war. And since, I consider each of those attacks as an act of War, or continuation of the first, WMDs or not, the US had every right to go in there, and contrary to what most everyone likes to claim, it wasn't unprovoked, and wasn't pre-emptive.

But, this shouldn't be about any of that. It's Thanksgiving time, which means Cowboys football.

jem88

Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
Hmm, I always thought that Saddam shooting at our fighters in the no fly zone numerous times since the first Gulf War violated the terms that were set in place after that war. And since, I consider each of those attacks as an act of War, or continuation of the first, WMDs or not, the US had every right to go in there, and contrary to what most everyone likes to claim, it wasn't unprovoked, and wasn't pre-emptive.

But, this shouldn't be about any of that. It's Thanksgiving time, which means Cowboys football.
Agreed. I although I disagree with your point, this debate should take place in another forum!

lspain1

Reaction score
I think we should all agree Jason Whitlock is the northbound end of a southbound horse.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
jem88 said:

He wasn't impeached because of his affair with an intern although after seeing the intern he should have been

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
What is Trotter's contract status? I saw Parcells talking to him after the game...I love the way he plays...

... $665,000.00 this year, 1.7 mill in 2006, 2.635 mill in 2007, 2.72 mill in 2008 and 3.28 mill in 2009.

The Eagles will be looking for a replacement in 2007, but his position is still fair market value at the 1.7 mill. They will definitely consider releasing him and going younger and cheaper in 2007 as his cap number escalates. I highly doubt he sees the last year.