Video: Jason Witten: On Dak's Progres From Year 1 to Year 2

erod

Reaction score
Teams are going to blitz the high holy hell out of Dallas early. Especially the Giants, and especially if Zeke is out. They'll be coming from everywhere.

If Dak sees it quickly (the coaches can't do that for him), he'll torch them for it. If not, he'll have a ways to go in his development still.

My money is on Dak.

erod

Reaction score
I hope they do.

I actually think it's more likely to be the opposite, they play coverage and make us show we can beat them on the ground without Zeke.

They'll want to test Cooper/Green and Collins, but I agree, they'll sit back some, too. The Giants were successful just squeezing the pocket and making Dak throw from there, and he faltered. He won't falter this time.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They'll want to test Cooper/Green and Collins, but I agree, they'll sit back some, too. The Giants were successful just squeezing the pocket and making Dak throw from there, and he faltered. He won't falter this time.

Yeah, that week 1 matchup is going to be a fun one.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
You spent the majority of the offseason bagging on him. Welcome to the bandwagon.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

The Giants have been pretty aggressive in coverage, I really worry about the 3rd and 5-7, can Dez get open?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Is there a better interview than Witten on the team?

Jaylon is too gospel and smiles

Dak says enough but plays by the book

Zeke sits there and laughs then you lose yourself staring at his huge head

Lee comes close. He walks a predictable straight line but throws some good feedback while doing so.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Teams are going to blitz the high holy hell out of Dallas early. Especially the Giants, and especially if Zeke is out. They'll be coming from everywhere.

If Dak sees it quickly (the coaches can't do that for him), he'll torch them for it. If not, he'll have a ways to go in his development still.

My money is on Dak.

Well to beat that blitz our offense can spread it out. Go 5 wide and force them to defend the length of the field.

Defenses blitzed us because we compacted their defense by overloading the LOS. Thus they were able to send an extra man after Dak. Going wide with 5 receivers makes it harder for defenses to blitz.

DFWJC

Reaction score
49-48. Hope we win.
whoa erod!:laugh:

We averaged just 13 points in the two games vs NY last year.
I feel sure we top that this year, but 48 or 49 points is a pretty big leap:omg:

Hey, as long as we break the 3 game losing streak vs them, I'm fine with whatever the score is.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Because I go by what I see,
You do. The issue you have no idea what your looking at. So your "analysis" fails out of the gate and your stubborn nature won't allow you to learn. So we all suffer through threads of you not being able to differentiate between pass rusher and LB.

erod

Reaction score
You do. The issue you have no idea what your looking at. So your "analysis" fails out of the gate and your stubborn nature won't allow you to learn. So we all suffer through threads of you not being able to differentiate between pass rusher and LB.

You just nailed it. He's a pass-rushing linebacker, not a defensive end. Impossible to grasp, apparently.