Jason Witten

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
He's always been a great receiver but over the last few years he has really become a excellent blocker at that position. He was the key on Felix's TD run, and he really took out 2 guys. Witten is easily the best TE in football right now, not Gates and not Gonzalez. If he keeps this up and I know he will, he may, just may end up being the best TE all-time.;)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2276773 said:
He's always been a great receiver but over the last few years he has really become a excellent blocker at that position. He was the key on Felix's TD run, and he really took out 2 guys. Witten is easily the best TE in football right now, not Gates and not Gonzalez. If he keeps this up and I know he will, he may, just may end up being the best TE all-time.;)
Best TE in the game.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score

indeed!!

jason is the best te in the game.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

You know, I would've said that this is crazy talk a few months ago....but barring injury, this is not totally out of bounds. He still has a LOOOOOONG way to go, but he's entered the arena....he just needs to hit a few more home run seasons.

Pabst

Reaction score
I was talking to my father about Witten during the game, and mentioned how very spoiled we are, as fans, to have him. He just does everything right, on and off the field.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Pabst;2276801 said:
I was talking to my father about Witten during the game, and mentioned how very spoiled we are, as fans, to have him. He just does everything right, on and off the field.

Absolutely!! He's a great roll model for kids to, he's one of a hand full athletes that I'd actually feel good about my kid looking up to and not worry about him doing something negative to be a bad example.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm starting to think he's easily the best player on this team.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2276845 said:

I pretty much left the monday night game under that impression. He's absolutely dominant.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2276845 said:

I was thinking the same thing during the game. If you ask me who is my favorite player, I'd say Marion Barber without hesitation. I just bought a D-Ware jersey, so obviously I think very highly of him as well. Of course we have guys the likes of Romo, TO, F Jones, A Jones, Newman, etc. But Jason Witten stands out in every game. He is so complete as a football player. He never ceases to amaze me. Someone said he is a role model for kids. Hell, he's a role model for his Cowboys teammates. If every player modeled themselves after Witten, we'd win every game running away.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
I never thought I would ever enjoy another TE like I did Jay in the 90's but Witten is slowly becoming my favorite.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2276845 said:

we have a number of guys who are definitely either the best, or right at the top of being the best at their positions in the league. Witten is clearly one of those that is THE best.

Dwight

Reaction score
bootsy;2277007 said:
I never thought I would ever enjoy another TE like I did Jay in the 90's but Witten is slowly becoming my favorite.

Jason Witten is a special player. One of my all time favorite cowboys.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Witten was wreaking havoc as a blocker today.

Bennett also got a number of good blocks on DEs today.

I think that is a good part of why we are so much better this year running out of the 2-TE set. The second TE is actually a plus blocker now.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Eskimo;2277058 said:
Witten was wreaking havoc as a blocker today.

Bennett also got a number of good blocks on DEs today.

I think that is a good part of why we are so much better this year running out of the 2-TE set. The second TE is actually a plus blocker now.

Good point Eskimo

Watching Romo sling the ball down-field is fun, but seeing a powerful running game is what makes me dream of Lombardi's.